Chapter 27

A/N - Hello! I just thought I would update you guys on a few things.
I will usually write my chapters on a Monday afternoon and I'll either post Monday night or Wednesday. Sometimes I might randomly write and update on other days too!
That's all! Thanks!

I left my water by my feet and waited until it seemed like everyone was asleep and it was dark.

I checked that the paper was still under the power point. I reached a hand through the bars and grabbed 3 papers.

Fact Report
-100 specimens in room 4 are sick, 10 are days of perishing.
-6 specimens have been added to cell 19
-Dr Gregory Frons, Ms Clair Lone and Jeb B are in charge of Specimens 0, 2, 8, 67, 777, 35.

Huh, Jeb's here. Who cares?

I ripped the papers in half and reached out of the cage again, while holding the papers. My shoulder banged on the bars as I reached untill I couldn't reach any further. I wrapped the paper around the power point which, had a plug connected to it. I found my self breathing deeply as I picked up the cup of water, shaking slightly. I took one last deep breathe and poured the water of the chords, and the PowerPoint.

At first nothing happened, and I thought I had failed, until I smelt burning and looked at the power point to see it spark and catch on fire. As the fire spread I felt the heat intensify.

I leaned back on the cage, waiting for something else to happened, and ended up falling onto my back, as the cage bars melted. I scrambled to my feet and scanned the area. There was a window on the far wall. I ran to the window, past numerous cages and punched the glass. Luckily it shattered, leaving my fist covered in cuts but that wasn't the thing bother me.

Where was the rest of the flock? Where was Fang and my daughter? Would they get out? What do I do?

I squeezed out the window and found myself outside, surrounded my a giant wall. No biggie for me.

I whipped out my wings and in a few flaps, I was flying up and over the wall, just as red lights and sirens began in the compound.

I spotted a forest nearby, and flew to the tallest and dense tree, taking refuge in the tree tops, watching the smoke curl from the compound.

I had escaped them again. My luck continued, but how long will it last?

A/N - Just to tell you, Max's way of getting out using the powerpoint is incredibly unrealistic. But so is a lot of other things in the story. So, anyway, hope you liked it!