Chapter 9

In the morning, we headed off again. In half an hour, the island came into view.

"Yes! Were here!" Phoenix yelled, after I pointed out the island. I looked up at Fang and smiled.

As we flew over the island, we noticed the lack of trees. I finally spotted the treehouses. I would've thought they would've burned down, or fallen down for rotting or something like that. I landed on the balcony of my house. Fang and Phoenix followed.

I slowly eased the door open. I saw my double poster bed and my wooden desk. There was a piece of paper on it. I didn't remember writing anything before the meteor, and I definitely didn't have any paper before. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Phoenix jump on my bed and take everything in, while resting. I picked up the paper.

Max

That's all it said the paper. Fang came up from behind me and wrapped his strong arms around my waist and looked over my shoulder. I turned the paper around and found writing on the back.

Max,

I know you think I'm dead.

I'm not.

I know its hard to believe, but we escaped. Ella and I escaped.

Now, Max, sweetie. This is hard for me to write, after all I have been through, and knowing you have been through more.

Don't trust anyone. Only Fang and the flock. You think everyone's dead. Everything is not as it seems.

All I can say, is Nino Pierpont is not to be trusted.

Come find me when your ready. You know where i'll be.

Love,

Your mother.

I sunk to my knees. My mum's alive.

I sobbed. Fang held me close to him.

"Shhh. Shhh. It's alright. Calm down. Breathe." he soothed. I nodded.

I looked over at Phoenix. She was sound asleep. I sat for a few moments, gathering my thoughts, before I wriggled out of Fangs arms and stood up. I pulled Fang off the floor and together we flew over to Iggy's treehouse.

A/N- Finally. I feel like this is getting somewhere.
Thanks so much to everyone that actually votes on my story. I really appreciate it!