Chapter 32

A/N - Hey guys! The past few days I've been brainstorming and I know what I'm doing now! Here's a chapter for you all! I'll post now and I no longer have Writers Block! :)
Enjoy!

Nudge sat on the branch, one leg dangling down next to her. Her eyes were trained on the mini Max who sat a branch below pulling twigs out of her hair.

Many thoughts ran through Nudge's head. Was the flock okay? What happened to Max?

"Auntie Nudge?" Phoenix looked up, her dark, mysterious eyes looked worn out a ready to close.

"Yes, honey?"

"Whose that?" Phoenix pointed to a suspiciously large bird flying off into the distance. Nudge craned her neck to get a better view through the bushy tree foliage. Nudge frowned. Something about that bird seemed off.

"Nudge!" Nudge spun, almost falling off the branch. It was only Iggy. He beckoned for her to come back to the house.

"Fi, we're going to the house now." Nudge said, holding her hand out, which Phoenix took, opening her wings. Nudge opened hers and off they flew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dylan felt awful, in every way possible. He felt the blood trickle down onto his forehead from a cut in his hairline. Fang really packed a punch.

He just wished Max would've come. She was being ignorant and foolish for not coming. The safe haven is the best thing for everyone, Dylan thought.

Dylan's tired figure finally touched ground at a small hut, just hidden from any bird, or mutant flying by.

Dylan pushed the creaky door open and did a quick servey of the room. It looked the same as last time.

Grubby, damaged and neglected.

Dylan walked over to an old closet in the corner and opened it. He took a key from his pocket, stepped in and closed the closet door behind him. He slipped the key into a small hidden hole, and the back of the closet opened.

"Ah, Dylan. Welcome back." Nino Pierpoint spun around in an office chair, nodding his greeting to the boy.
Dylan felt Erasers hold Dylan firmly by the arms. Nino walked up to Dylan and whipped out a thick, metal band.

This happened all the time now. Go on a mission, come back, the band gets attached to his neck, and after that, he gets thrown into a cell.

"So, Dylan. Where's Max?" Nino smirked knowing the answer.

"She wouldn't come." He replied. He felt the band get warm.

"So did you dispose of her?" Nino asked sitting down on his chair again.

"No. I tried, I really did but then Fang and everyone else came and-"

"I don't want to hear it. I give you a task, I expect you to complete it." Nino interupted him, pulling out a remote. Ninopunched the big red button and almost right away, Dylan felt the band become boiling hot.

Dylan's insides churned. This was probably the millionth time Nino had done this to him, for failing.

"Did she believe the the safe haven is real?" Nino asked, spinning slowly in his chair. Dylan thought about it and slowly nodded.

"I think so." Dylan frowned. Nino had saven him from death, and for that, he owes his life to him. Nino had put up this whole nice act, making Dylan agree, before showing his true colors.

Dylan gritted his teeth and readied himself for another tortuous night.

Max would come with him. Whether she wanted to or not.