CHAPTER 8: AMANDAS / SHEKRAS PAST

Steve put the ship on auto pilot, this ship was a lot bigger than the pod I was in when we crashed on the planet Grod. There were four rooms and a dining room, we all were in the dinning room sitting at the round table. Amanda was sitting at the far end in front of me, Martain and Steve were on either side of her. Shekra was sitting next to me, whe was so close that we were brushing shoulders. We sat in silence for awhile, the ship was on course to a nearby planet called Lax which is under military control. "So, your a friend of Zack?" Steve broke the silence. Amanda looked up and smiled "um, yes,I guess so" she answered. "Oh really?" Martain started, "where did you guys meet?", Amanda just looked down and played with her hair. "Just now, when he freed me from slavery" she answered.

Everyone made a confused expression, to be honest I didn't know what I was doing at the time but it felt like something I had to do. Shekra leaned against me "yes, our captain is a very kind hearted man" she said. Amanda didn't respond, "well, tell us about yourself, im pretty sure we all would like to know more about you" Martain said. Amanda looked up at us with her blue eyes, she stared at all of us. "Okay lets get to know each other" she said. "Back when I was a child I lived on the planet Necromac, my family was very wealthy. I had the finer things in life, even a better education". "So is that why you know our language?" Martain asked, Amanda nodded her head "I know all types of languages, thats why the kurt kept me alive when they came and destroyed my planet. They killed my whole family but kept me captive so I can act as a translator, but when the new translator was invented they no longer had use for me"

"I know how you feel" Shekra said, what the heck, how could Shekra relate to something like that? Well I didn't really know a lot about her past so I guess she could relate. "So they took me to Grod to sell me away, thats how I ended up with Donny until you guys came along" she finished. I smiled like an idiot "well luckily we found you" I said, Amanda smiled at me, "yes im very glad you did.... Zack". Joy filled my heart and I felt weightless. Steve got up to his feet and stretched his arms out and yawned "well time to hit the hay, we all were supposed to have your own rooms but I guess one of us will have to share rooms" he said. Shekra quickly wrapped her arms around me pulled me close "me and Zack will take the burden, it certainly wouldn't be the first time" she said.

Before I realized it, Shekra picked me up from my seat and carried me to one of the rooms. Later on I started to get ready for bed, the rooms on this ship were nice, a king sized bed in every room along with a bathroom. Shekra was taking a shower, I was in the room taking off my over coat and boots than I jumped onto the bed. I was tired from all that happened, all I wanted was rest. I laid there for awhile thinking about how I must've been before I lost my memory. Shekra came out of the shower, she was wet and had a towel wrapped around her. "Your not taking a bath?" she asked, "no im too tired" I answered. She walked to the side of the bed and sat down, "are you sure you don't remember anything? Not even me?" she asked.

I sighed "no, wish I did, can you tell me about yourself?" I said, a smile grew on her face, "yes of course, well..... For starters im not human". A shock of surprise hit me like a raging bull and I sat up. "Your not? But you look human, are you from the same planet as Amanda?" I asked. She laughed "no baby I'm from another planet close by, only difference is that I was poor. You see my dad killed my mom because he was mad at her for spending to much money". Surprise was replaced with sadness for her "I'm so sorry" I said. She just smiled "its okay baby, as I was saying after my mom passed my dad gave me away for some exra money. He sold me to an elderly man who treated like an actual daughter. He feed me and clothed me and was the first nice person I meet, that was until the Kurt came and killed him along with the whole planet. They took me captive for awhile until the military saved me. Ever since than I joined the military and thats where I met you baby"

Oh my gosh, I guess she can relate a little to Amandas life, why would the Kurt kill so many? And I had a hunch that they did the same to my planet. They were hiding something from me, I could feel it. But that was a question for another time. I looked at her and smiled "well its a good thing you have a new family, Id never abandon you Shekra" I said. She smiled and leaned in to kiss me, but this time I let her kiss me, her lips were soft against mine and it felt familiar. I could tell she loved me and for some weird reason I loved her too. She backed away from me and stood up, "I'll get ready for bed and come join you" she said as she walked back into the bathroom. I laid back down and was happy to rest. I wish I still had my memorys, Im missing a whole chunk of my life. Hmm that raises the question, am I still virgin?