CHAPTER 2: MY PAST

Whoever she was, she was way more brave than me, she stepped towards the group of hostiles and extended her left hand at them. They took aim, "hey what are you doing they'll shoot you!" I yelled. My heart was beating against my chest so hard it might break out. Suddenly the whole hallway was lit by the shots being fired by the monsters guns, a brigade of blue light balls were flying towards us. It was as if everything was happening in slow motion, when the balls of death reached the girls hand they blew up and disappeared in a ball of smoke. When the metal monsters seen that they weren't causing any damage to us they stopped firing. Howd she do that, somehow she stopped them from hitting us. I took a closer look at her hand and seen that there was some sort of invisible sheild coming from her fingers that covered both of us.

"A force field" I said in amazement, the group of hostiles started stepping back, they looked like they were about to run. But before they could the girl thrust her hand forward and the force felid flew forward hitting the group and pushing them off balance, than the force feild wrapped around all of them until they all were tied up in a bundle. I than got up to my feet "you caught them" I said pretty happy we were safe, but that happiness was sucked out of me when I seen the girls face. She had the widest, toothiest, creepiest smile on her face. It made her look almost like a crazy cartoon character. She raised her left hand up and the bundle of tied up monsters started to rise, "I don't catch these things" she than looked at me in the eyes and I backed up a little "I kill them". She started to close her fist and the force feild tied up around them started to tighten around them even more.

The monsters started to wiggle and yell and scream, "but thats not necessary, we can just leave them right?" I asked her. I didn't think it was possible but her grin had gotten even wider. "Wheres the fun in that" she replied, the sounds of cracking started to come from the group of monsters and their yelling grew louder "unless you wanna stop me?" she asked. A sense of fear shot through me "no no no, you can continue" I said taking another step back. She than turned back to her prey and started squeezing them more, a few stopped moving but the ones that were still wiggling weren't going to be for long. Suddenly the...... Ship im guessing shook again and me and the girl flew forward onto the ground. The force felid dissapered and a group of monsters fell onto the floor, two out of them had gotton up and ran away as fast as there broken up bodys could carry them.

I got back up and rubbed my head, my headache was starting to dissaper completely, the girl than got to her feet and grabbed my arm "we dont have time for this, lets get to the escape pods and ditch this ship" she said. Before I could respond she rushed forward down the hall dragging me along with her. If I thought I was fast, this girl was ten times faster. The air was hitting my face so hard it's  like I was sticking my head out of a moving car. After about seven seconds we stopped, I almost fell over but the girl caught me "sorry baby, do you feel okay? " she said still gripping my arm. I felt like pucking, it felt as if I just came from a roller coster ride "NO I AM NOT OKAY, WHO ARE YOU?" I yelled in pure frustration. Her expression became sad and I automatically felt bad "you don't remember me?" she asked. "Hey Shekra is that the captain with you?" someones voice was coming from behind me.

I turned and seen large muscular man with a large bullet proof vest on and long black pants. He was accompanied by a small scrawny man with sharp features and was wearing a black jump suit. "Yeah get the pod ready the enemy is moving in" Shekra answered. "Let them, I've been dieing for some action" the scrawny man said, "whos the enemy?" I asked. All three of them looked at me for awhile, Shekra opened her mouth to say something but she was interrupted by the ship shaking again. Making us all fly up into the air and back down onto the ground. Before I could get up the muscular man grabbed me and put me over his shoulder "lets get to the escape pod now!" he yelled.  We all sprinted except for me who was involuntarily being carried, I started to see more and more people running around.

Than I noticed something I didn't notice before, they all were wearing an uniform, an all white jump suit. What kind of ship was this? Me and my possy ran into some sort of small room with two benches on each side and a computer pushed all the way to the front of the room with bunch of buttons on it. It had a picture of the night sky on the monitor. The muscle man set me down on one of the benches and the scrawny guy ran to the front to push buttons on the computer. Shekra had closed the door behind us than sat next to me. The muscular man sat on the other bench and buckled up, Shekra buckled me up than herself. "Get us out of here Steve!" the muscular man yelled, Steve pushed a few more buttons than ran back and jumped into his seat next to the muscle guy. "Hold onto your lunches this is going to be bumpy" he said as he buckled himself up, "wait where are we going? " I asked. Suddenly the the whole room lurched forward, I would've flew out my seat if it wasnt for the seat belt.

"The planet grod" Steve answered, did he just say planet? Was I in a SPACESHIP?! "okay can someone, anyone explain whats going on?" I asked as I looked at each one of them. Shekra than touched my cheek and turned my head to look me in my face "let me explain for you baby" she said, on the verge of tears. "Your a captain in the army for earth". "The army? Why would I join the army? " I asked,  Shekra rubbed my cheek a little "to protect your family back home" she answered. My family, I didn't even think about them while I was going thourgh all this "are they okay? " "yes baby, but the enemy took you while in the line of duty, we saved you but..." she paused and tears started to roll down her checks. "I'll take it from here" the muscle guy said.

I turned to him, excepting bad news "the Kurt was trying to harvest all your memorys to try and replace them and turn you against us. We stopped them and rescued you" he said, what on earth is the Kurt. I was going to ask but Steve answered for me "the Kurt is an advance alien race that came to earth many years ago, we used their technology to advance our own, making weapons you would never believe, like Shekras gantlets ". So that explains the force felid and aliens, this had to be a dream. "But I have no weapon, why am I so strong and fast?", "because" the muscle man continued "the army found a way to make us that way by infusing Kurt technology with our DNA. It made a few soldiers like us better than the rest, but the science lab that was able to make super solders was attacked and we lost all of our research. So only the ones who went through the experiments have the kind of power we have"

Whoa, what the heck was I thinking joing the army, being experimented on why would I do that. "And thats not all" Steve butted in "when people like us use the Kurts weaponry, our power boosts by 200%, We become unstoppable". I looked back at Shekra who was starring at me. She seems attached to me "okay, so who are you guys?" I asked, the muscle man put his hand in front of me "im Martin" he said. I shook his hand than Steve put his out "Steve, if you have any questions come to me" he said. I shook his hand than I turned to Shekra "your Shekra right?" I asked. She smiled but this time a normal smile "yes im your girlfriend".