CHAPTER 6: THE SQUID MAFIA????

The smell was revolting, it was like walking into a dump, but surprisingly the place was very neat. There was a small bar to the left side of the room with some sort of octopus looking thingy acting as the bar tender. Round tables and chairs were set up all around the place, some were accompanied by aliens. I was feeling a little less tense but I still had a strong grip on Shekras hand. Steve turned to us "let me do the talking" he said, he strutted over to the large squid standing at the bar. It looked at him but it was hard to read a squids expression. When Steve approached it with us closely following behind the squid had said something, or at least I think it did. "Blwa glwa bown glwa bah" it said, I didn't know if Steve understood but it was obvious he didn't. He made a disgusted face and started touching his throat.

I guess that was a gesture for something because the squid reached down behind the counter with one long tentacleand pulled out some sort of long metal curved stick. It placed the stick by the curved part where its neck was supposed to be. The stick stuck there and a green light appeared in the middle of it. "Sorry, sometimes I take the translator off, it gets itchy" the squid said in full blown english. A five foot tall squid was speaking to my space friend, now I've seen it all. "Well your not supposed to but that don't matter" Steve complained. Than he leaned in closer to it and whispered "me and my friends here heard that a certain someone here is selling stolen ships for good, I want in".

The squid leaned closer to him "you got money?, cause once you go in you won't come back out if you don't" the squid threatened. Steve scowled "who are you to be telling my business to, you don't need to know nothing just let me in" Steve commanded. The squid than backed away from Steve and said "follow me". It turned left and started walking, or hopping, or whatever squids do when they moved on land. We followed behind him as he came from behind his counter. He made his way to the back of the bar, and since the whole place was basically a tent he just pulled back a certain curtain and a whole hallway appeared. "Go through here and you'll see the boss" the squid said, anxiety hit me and my knees started to feel weak. I squeezed Shekras hand for comfort.

We made our way inside with Steve leading our way, of course the hallway was made of cloth. But it was dark, I had to really concentrate to keep from tripping over something. We made it to the other end of the hall into a small room, the only thing in here was two tall squid monsters with hand guns on either side of the room. In the middle was a tall red monster in a fancy looking suit sitting at a counter writing on some paper work with a pen, he had yellow eyes and would've looked human if he wasn't red and so tall. There were only two seats in front of him, Steve took one seat and Martin took the other me and Shekra were standing up. It didn't acknowledge for awhile.

Steve cleared his throat and the monster stopped writing and looked up at him, it than took out one of those translators from its pocket and put it on his neck, "oh I didn't see you come in, im Donny, and since your here im guessing your here for a ship" Donny said. "Yes but for a low price, nothing to fancy" Steve said, Donny leaned back in his giant chair and took a deep breath. "You came to the right place" he said "so what'll it be, a. V-T40, or if yoi wanna ride in style-" "anything will do" Martin interrupted, Donny lookednat him and smiled. "Okay I gotta A-Z100, thats my cheapest ship yet, its been here for as long as the great war between earth and the Kurt, millions died but that ship is still here". The great war? Suddenly images of carnage and fire filled my head.

I leaned into Shekra for support as my mind started to spin and my legs started to feel like jelly. I guess I made a scene because Donny noticed "you okay sir, ohhh yeah your human unlike your friend there, sorry to bring that up". What was he talking about? And which one of my friends wasn't human? When my head stooped spinning I stood up straight "im fine I said". "Okay, so do we have a deal?" Donny asked, "how much?" Steve asked. "1.99" Donny answered, "we'll take it" Martin said as he put his hand out in front of Donny. He shook it than got up from his seat, "follow me" he said as he tucked in his chair and turned to the wall behind him.

There was yet another secret hallway behind it, we followed Donny to the end of the hall where it lead outside. The heat from the sun or whatever star it was called was making a huge heat wave. I looked around to see that I was in a dealership for ships, ships of all shapes and sizes were all over. We followed Donny deeper into the maze of ships and than he stopped. "Thats your ship right here" he said as he pointed at a small rusty looking thing. It was the shape of a large jet but had so much rust it was grey, if spiders were on this planet im pretty sure cob webs would be all over it.

Steve took out a small pouch from his pocket and started digging through it, as he was doing that I started to look around. I noticed that some people in rags were walking about with buckets of water and sponge. One of them was walking passed me but he was looking towards the ground. I started staring at this certain one, something about him was interesting. But when he looked up at me I seen that it wasn't a he, but a beautiful she. Her eyes were sky blue and her skin was chocolate brown, she had short hair brown hair. "Taking a notice to my slaves huh?" Donny said, I snapped out of my trance and looked at him, "these people with the buckets of water are your slaves?" I asked.

"Yes, they wash the ships and keep them clean" he answered, suddenly one of the squid body guards rushed over to Donny and handed him a phone. Donny took it from him and said "hold on a second, I gotta take this" than walked out of ear shot and started to speak on the phone. I kept my eyes on that slave girl I seen, she was washing a ship a few feet away from where we were standing. I don't know why but I had to speak with her, I let go of Shekras hand and walked over to her "what are you doing?" Shekra asked. But I didn't answer, I made my way to the girl who was wipeing the window of a ship with her sponge. "Hey" I said, she turned to me, she was more beautiful up close.

"Yes" she answered, her voice was soft and gental "whats your name? Im Zack" I asked. She smiled and answered "im Amanda" she said, I smiled at her, whats going on with me? "Me and my friends are about to leave I would like you to come with me" I said. She looked at the ground, "I cant" she said. Donny came back, "alright where was I" he said. A wave of disappointment hit me, "I'll make a deal with Donny, wait here for me" I said as I walked back to the group. "I just gotta call from the Kurt" Donny said, "turns out there are a few military soldiers walking about" he said to Steve. Steve scowled at him

"Is that so, well that has nothing to do with us, can we get to business now?" he said as he presented the money to Donny. As I made my way back more and more squid guards came. Donny chuckled "keep your money, I gotta new price for you" he said, suddenly he took out a large pistol from his back pocket and all the squids took aim at us. "Im afraid your not leaving the planet Grod" he said as he pointed it to Steves head. Oh no, things went south pretty fast, looks like its time for plan B.

*******************
Please vote if your enjoying, I take real pride in what I write 😄