- Chapter 7 Caught Red-Handed -

"H-how did you do that?" Scott shuddered slightly as we ran through the streets, dodging people left and right.

"Did you forget I am a shadowhunter? You have no idea what we can do." I said triumphantly, proud that I had abilities that someone found amazing.

Scott inhaled sharply, and so I slowed down to a jogging speed. I looked at him one more time and he gave me a small smile.

I opened my mouth to speak but Scott beat me to it.

"So. How does this Shadowhunter thing work? I'm not all too familiar with your customs." Scott told me and I nodded.

"Once we get back to the institute I can show you the codex, in its twenty-seventh edition. That is, if Clary hasn't doodled all over it." I chuckled slightly and Scott cocked his head to the side again.

"You really care about them don't you? Like, Jace and Clary." Scott asked quickly, looking away from me. I blushed and nodded.

"It's true, ever since I got the sight they have treated me like family, like a Lightwood. Especially Alec and Isabelle. I would be nothing without them." I said smiling. Scott smiled back and patted my shoulder.

We walked the rest of the way in silence. Once we got into the institute, everyone was there. Alec ran up to us. "Where have you been?!" Alec shouted, a tense aura emitting off him.

"With um," I started, not wanting to say pack because I don't want Alec to know Scott is a werewolf. "Scott's friends..."

"Well, why didn't you tell me?" Alec asked, he is always worrying about me.

"I didn't want to bother you, it seemed like you were already mad at me anyway. Why make it worse?" I shrugged. It was true - I didn't want him to be even more upset with me.

"Stiles, you're my little brother. I am sorry I am always worrying about you but that is my job as your older brother." Alec responded with a slight smile. Scott seemed to enjoy what was going on.

"That doesn't mean however, that you can avoid talking to me about it! Do you know how worried Isabelle and I were? You will be sorry that you ever pulled this trick." Alec said sternly.

I clapped my hands, to stop yAlec from saying something that would get me in even deeper trouble. Alec glared at me but I looked away. "Why don't we get some food?" I asked the group. Of course the word food caught Jace's attention.

"Why are we still here then?" Jace said standing up. His eyes were sparkling at the mention of food and Clary and I couldn't help but stifled laughter.

"Let's go." Isabelle said, she hooked our arms together and we walked out of the institute. Magnus and Alec held hands as we walked out which got Scott starring. I rolled my eyes.

"Never seen a happy couple?" I smirked at him and walked ahead, next to Simon. Jace and Clary didn't even look at each other, what is going on with them?

--

We all decided to go to Jade Wolf, well, Jace decided.

"Um, Jade Wolf?" Scott whispered in my ear. Oh no, I forgot, Werewolves know when someone is a werewolf!

"Don't worry..." I said, but I'm worrying a lot.

I continued walking but I couldn't stop thinking about Scott and the wolves. Jace kept walking like he was a leader or something and we turned around the corner and there it was. Jade Wolf! I had a sudden panic walking near it and expectedly we heard howls. Howls so loud a mundanes ears would bleed out.

I turned to Scott when I noticed he wasn't around. But where had he gone?

Sorry this was supposed to published yesterday. Vote and comment what you thought!