- Chapter 1 Scott -

As I'm walking down the streets of Beacon Hills, I am dreading having to go hunt a demon.

At the request of the Clave, I, Stiles Lightwood, a Shadowhunter who hates shadow-hunting, is being forced to learn how to do it properly. Isabelle and Alec, of course, want me to go and experience what it's like to act like a real Shadowhunter. I don't know how they do it - killing demons like it's a lacrosse game or something.

I already lost track of the demon, and it's only been, like, four minutes.

It probably shapeshifted into a person when I wasn't paying attention. It must've brushed shoulders with someone, so, maybe I should head back to the institute and say I lost it, but Alec will be mad at me if don't try to find it.

I kept on walking when I heard two voices close, I can hear what they are saying. "Scott, ever since I turned 18 years old, I've seen things. Things I don't think I should be able to see." The girl said to who I now knew as Scott.

"Maybe you are just hallucinating Allison. After everything that has happened, I wouldn't be surprised if one of us is having strange visions." Scott chuckled to himself.

The girl, who I now know as Allison, might be starting to get the sight of a shadowhunter, almost like when I turned 18 years old. But, it is probably nothing, like the guy said, it's probably just hallucinations-

Suddenly, I bumped into someone. "Sorry!" Scott said and helped me up from the floor. Yep, I was not paying attention to where I was going and bumped into him like a stupid idiot like I am and forgot to redraw the invisibility rune. When I take his hand to help me up, I felt this spark or something... I couldn't explain it.

- 7 hours earlier -

"You are going hunting today, and you can't say no." Alec, my older brother, said and folded his arms. He's desperately trying to make me go after this demon today, by myself. Are you kidding me?  I just became a shadowhunter, I hate shadowhunting.

"Well, guess what? I say no." I replied and turn around to walk away.

Alec grabbed my wrist. "Yes, you are Stiles."

"Well, Isabelle won't let me go anyways." I answered and smirked. Alec let go of my wrist and rolled his eyes.

"Yes you are." Isabelle said, walking into my room. Alec grinned. Seriously? "C'mon, it's not that bad..."

I raise my eyebrow. "I hate hunting, you know I do, and you still make me do it."

"It's our family tradition, Stiles." Alec replied.

I regret what I am about to say. "Oh my gosh, fine. I will do it." I said. Isabelle's eyes lit up as she smiled and hugged me.

"Good, I am so proud of you, you have progressed so much at being a shadowhunter." Yeah, sure Izzy, sure. I don't respond and just walk away from my siblings.

Suddenly, Jace just stepped in front of me with a Seraph Blade in his hand. Oh no, not what I think he is gonna say... "Time to Train, Stiles." He said to me and smirked. He passed me a blade. Ugh, do I really have to do this?

I groaned and got into position, hoisting up the seraph blade to cover my face. That's a good idea, right?

Jace looked at me with disapproval and gestured for me to block my arm, I guess? I don't use seraph blades, I'm better with a baseball bat.

--

After Jace and I finished training, which I obviously didn't do well at, Jace, Alec and Isabelle told me where this demon that I have hunt after today will be. Jace told me it will be at this club, he told me the address. 4 more hours and I have to hunt this stupid demon.

I tried to beg Alec to come with me, but he refused of course. Even if he wanted to go with me, he still can't come with me... He is with his boyfriend Magnus Bane, the high warlock. They have been together for almost a month.

Then I tried to beg Jace to come with me, same story... he is with his girlfriend Clary Fairchild, one of my greatest friends. They have been together for a month and a half, I'm pretty sure.

I tried Isabelle, but she refused as well because she just "didn't feel like it tonight.' While all my friends are with there having the time of their lives, I am doing the opposite, hunting a demon.

--

Jace walked me out of the Clave and went over what I need to do. "Go to the club, look for anyone in the club shapeshifting, when you do... go after it, but when it spots you it will run from you. Follow it out of the club and chase after it and don't get it out of your sight then... kill it with your seraph blade." Jace said, I try to keep that all in my mind.

"Okay, I will try..." I replied trying to sound nonchalant.

"You will do good out there Stiles." Jace smiled and hugged me, I hug back. We break the hug and Jace patted my shoulder. We say our goodbyes and then I leave to hunt the demon.

I walk over to the club that is a few minutes from the clave, I redraw my invisibility rune. When I get to the club, I open the door. It is packed in here... I look around and I already spot the demon, I saw it shapeshift into tall man in his 30s, I start speed walking over to it. It noticed me walking over to it, so starts to run out of the club, I ran after it.

I follow the demon out of the club. I look around and I don't see it anywhere, shit... idiotic me lost the demon already.

As I'm walking down the streets of Beacon Hills, I am dreading having to go hunt a demon.

First chapter of stiles Lightwood, the short form of stiles Lightwood is SL. I will be posting a chapter every Friday or Saturday! Please vote, comment and follow! Thanks!