Meanwhile, Myelin had stayed -given the fact she had no choice because she was being targeted by assassins- her patience was what stood out to the boy. Alternating between Damian and Robin, they both were intrigued by the mute's listening skills, which was logical since the girl had lost of her ability to speak. Her listening skills were far superior than the League of Assassins' trained and enhanced hearing senses. The league had only taught Damian how to use sound vibrations to his advantage, not how to hear out people's struggles in life. Except that's all Myelin did; sit and listen.

It often occurred when Sienna was venting about her worries and dramas from home or school about her sudden 'leave of absence.' The same goes for Beast Boy, talking about video games or movies, and heck, even trying to crack a smile on Myelin face -granted it made Damian a little flustered-.

But in other cases like with Kor'i, Raven, or Jaime; it's just small chat or 'yes or no' questions. Nonetheless, it was something to pass in between time to time depending on the persons's schedule.

Unless you're Terra; It was either little to no contact at all with the mute. Robin understood that blonde isn't too fond about her past and is still adjusting to socializing with people her age, but he still found it quite rude, despite the fact he had insulted Myelin on their first impression.

Anyways for Damian's case, he simply enjoyed the girl's company and he could feel that she felt the same as they spent more time with each other; by being in the same room doing something together or not. The only thing that mattered to him were the little things and he wasn't asking for much, except for someone to keep him from feeling lonely.

It may sound low key selfish but truly, they both needed it. It should have been relieving for Myelin. Maybe because for once in her life, she didn't have to sit and listen to someone else's problems but instead just relax.

Listening to everyone, only wishing to be listened yourself. He mentally rolls his emerald eyes at people's selfish ridiculousness.

How could someone be so calm, so patient?

Then again, how can Damian be so rational, so pragmatic?

"Someone is on your mind." Raven observes as she breaks the boy's train of thought.

"Tt" Robin scoffs. "Only to complicate the matter at hand."

"You don't like this situation." She states based off of the boy's response.

"Of course not. None of us do." He answers as the two began walking down the hall with him taking the lead.

-----

Complete darkness.

Beep.

Stillness.

Beep.

"Wakey wakey."

Beep.

"Wouldn't want anything to happen while you sleep, do we?"

Beep.

"Especially to your precious lov-"

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Terra instantly shot up from her bed and search the dimly lit room. Her heavy breathing filling the empty space as her cold sweat began to dry. She let out a sigh of relief.