Elena Caron

The road to Maidenpool was a long one. Elena sat upon a fawn coloured, young horse, beside her seething brother on a dark brown horse of his own.

The sun shone brightly and warmly over the Dornish marches as dusk approached gradually. The two highborn siblings rode, silently, side by side. Neither dared to speak a word. Both were filled with their own complicated thoughts.

Elena was heavy hearted and depressed. She missed her old life. She wanted to feel the warmth of a hug and kiss from her mother, the soft touch of her skin. She wanted to feel her father's hand tightly gripping onto her shoulder, to hear his voice. She could only imagine now. Him promising to return to them. She wanted to see her little brother's face. Even to know he was safe somewhere. She wanted to see him smiling. To see each one of his crooked teeth, and know he was happy.

But that life was gone. That life was shattered into a million pieces and blown away in the fierce, cold wind. She let a tear escape her eye, and watched it drop onto her horses mane.

The sun had dropped noticeably since she and her brother had left Nightsong. It had been about a half hour, and yet neither of them had spoken a word to each other. They were too shocked to even make a sound, both of them coming to terms with what was happening.

Elena felt more weak than she ever had before.

But what had Maester Yandel said? Never forget who your true family are.

We are Carons, Elena thought furiously, I am Lady Elena Caron.

The sun was almost gone now, the sky was a background, painted with millions of stars stretched out across the whole of the night above them.

The heat still hung in the air, a clammy warmth that kept Elena feeling moist and sweaty.

Elena took a deep breath, and sung.

"The Father's face is stern and strong,
He sits and judges right from wrong.
He weighs our lives, the short and long,
And loves the little children .

The Mother gives the gift of life,
And watches over every wife.
Her gentle smile ends all strife,
And she loves her little children

The Warrior stands before the foe,
Protecting us where e'er we go.
With sword and shield and spear and bow,
He guards the little children."

Wren turned to his sister, and smiled. Elena continued.

"The Crone is very wise and old,
And sees our fates as they unfold.
She lifts her lamp of shining gold
To lead the little children.

The Smith, he labors day and night,
To put the world of men to right.
With hammer, plow, and fire bright,
He builds for little children.

The Maiden dances through the sky,
She lives in every lover's sigh.
Her smiles teach the birds to fly,
And gives dreams to little children.

The Seven Gods who made us all,
Are listening if we should call.
So close your eyes, you shall not fall,
They see you, little children.

Just close your eyes, you shall not fall,

They see you, little children."