Marei

He liked to pick her up by the ankles and dangle her upside down. It would always make her laugh, but her mother would always stop them.

Another large gulp of ale. Marei let her eyes lose focus.

"This is our little secret."
He kept repeating that.
"Don't tell mother."

Marei was forgetting to breath. She took yet another large gulp of ale, instead of oxygen.

"One day, you'll be big enough to travel to Essos, and you can have a dragon of your own!" he cheered, "what will you call it?"
The little girl hesitated, "I would call her Vevienna, just like my mama."
The girls father flinched. He didn't like that.

The night was silent. Dead, just like the dragons. Marei started bawling. She was a red cheeked mess. She was sat on the steps that lead up to her old home. It was empty now. No happy family living in it. It was abandoned.
All because of her.
Marei vomited on the stairway.
"Not like anyone will care," she mumbled.

The girl would lie next to her mother, and flick away the tears on her mama's pale, smooth face.

Marei cried.

"My little Marei." her mother would say, every time. Her hair was yellow, just like her daughter's.

Marei's cheeks were wet, her mouth open while she wailed.
Marei's father was named Elras. He also had golden yellow hair.
Marei let out another sob and finished the bottle of ale.
"Papa," she cried, "why?"

"Vevienna," her papa would whisper softly, before beating his sister, Marei's mama, until she passed out.