Elena Caron

"Myra Peasebury was a talented and strong Lady, wife to Lord Bryce Caron and mother to three beautiful children, Wren, Elena and Petyr."
Maester Yandel spoke softly, wearing his brown woven garments as usual, eyes closed, clasping his hands. His hair was particularly white today, in the light of the clear white sky. His forehead creased and covered in wrinkles while he stood by the pyre, frowning slightly.

"All she ever did was love, and protect her family." he continued.
Elena heard a deep sob from her left, her heart leapt. She had never even seen Wren sad before, never mind crying. Mostly, he got angry.

"A woman filled with care and compassion, she didn't deserve this." Maester Yandel shook his head, "she didn't deserve this."

Then silence.

Elena felt the heat of the flame before she saw it, her eyes were shut tight, holding back her tears. She couldn't bear to open them, she couldn't look at it. The pyre, the flame, the body...
But it was the smell that got to her the most.

Elena sat on her feathered bed, crying more than she ever had. She had placed her cold feet in a bucket of steaming water. Her thick, brown hair, the exact same shade as her big, round, curious eyes, was in a tight braid that fell down between her shoulders and ended at the small of her back. There was yet again a knock on her door, but this time, the man didn't wait until Elena replied.

Wren burst into his sisters chambers. He had dried his tears, and was looking very solemn. Strong however, as a Caron should be. Elena furiously wiped away her stream of tears and inhaled a deep shaky breath.

"Wren." she whispered.
He ambled over to her, and plonked himself down on her bed.
Wren was a tall, muscular man. Just over twenty years of age, a couple of years ahead of his sister. He had short, dirty blonde hair, that lead to a prickly beard of the same colour, one shade darker. His eyes were the same muddy brown as both Elena's and Petyr's. They got that from their mother.

Wren clenched his square shaped jaw tight, Elena could almost hear his teeth grinding. He whipped his head around to look at her.

"Are you okay?" he asked simply. Elena sniffled.
"I'll be alright..." she sighed, "it's just so sudden." Elena fought back another sob.
"I know." Wren's voice shook.

There was a peaceful silence between the two of them. Wren put his arm around Elena. She placed her head in the gap between his head and his shoulder.

"I still remember the day you were born like it was yesterday." he said softly in her ear, "you were a right quiet baby. I remember seeing you for the first time - I couldn't understand why you didn't have a cock," he grinned, Elena laughed, "but mother just told me you were a lady. My baby sister." he paused for a moment.

"I'm not a baby anymore," Elena said to him.
"Maybe not, but you'll always be my baby sister." Wren smiled.
Elena thought she saw tears in her brothers eyes, ready to fall, but he blinked and just like that, they were gone.