Harley

The view of the army of the dead was still fresh in Harley's mind. She could still see it, hear it, and feel it. The cold, ice; just centimetres from her little bird's skin. The frosty air had chilled Harley to the bone, and she hadn't warged since.

All that Harley had managed to do since she had seen the wights, was pack all of her things into a pouch that she tied around her waist, and attach her quiver to her back.

"I'm going on the hunt," she spoke unflinchingly to Oliver's surprised looking face.

"What made you -"

"Don't fucking ask - just don't." she gritted her teeth.

"Okay, okay," Oliver quaked, "we're leaving at sundown... your just in time, only got a few hours to pack -"

"I'm already packed," she muttered, and stalked off, sensing Oliver unrelentingly watching her as she walked away from him.

------------------------------------------------

"Why do I have to come?"

Farlan stood, dark hair, dark eyes, in the shadows beneath the forest of trees at the west end of their camp. He held his wooden bow in his left hand and a smallish dagger was sheathed on his right hip. His skin was whiter than usual with the snowy background, and his hair blacker, just like Harley's.

"Farlan..."

Harley shot a dirty look at the group of Farlan's friends that stood watching them converse. They left immediately, taking her glare as a threat and allowing Harley to speak to her brother alone.

"Farlan," she moved in closer to him, "I'm not coming back." she breathed.

He stare at her blankly, "'scuse me?"

"Farlan, I've seen them, the White Walkers... I'm getting as far south as I bloody well can and there is nothing anybody can do to stop me," she spoke quickly, and urgently, "and I need you to be with me when I leave, I need you."

Farlan gaped at her, "what about Jaelyn, and mama... and papa?"

Harley gave him a sad look and bit her tongue, "Jaelyn... well, she could come too. But, mama..."

Harley looked intently at the snow by her feet, "we will jus' have to say goodbye," she croaked, "because Farlan, this is bigger than all of us. We need to leave, now."

He clenched his sharp-edged jaw, and watched her for what felt like a whole minute before replying.

"Right, I'll go find Jaelyn."

------------------------------------------------

"I'm going on a hunt," the black haired girls voice quivered like a crying child's.

"Baby, are you ok? Are you sure you want to go?"

Harley's mama's face was creased wth concern, love, and an enormous amount of care.

"Yeah I'm... I'm fine."

Harley took in every single tiny detail of her mama and her beautiful face, knowing that this could possibly be the last time she ever saw it.

Her mother had greying black hair, although not as dark as Harley and Farlan's as they got that from their father, which was pulled back in a loose bun that rested on the nape of her neck. Her forehead was lined with wrinkles from old age, even though her mama was yet to reach her fortieth name day, and her cheeks creased with laugh lines. Her eyes were tired, Harley noticed. She had spend so many years caring for others and being a mother, she had barely had time to care for herself. Her mother had flat eyelashes, and thin, lines for eyebrows. She had a narrow and long neck. Her nose was small and pointed, and her eyes were a sparking blue.

Blue eyes, Harley thought, blue skin.

Harley closed her eyes shut tightly and tried to rid herself of the monstrous images in her head. She ground her teeth together 'til she started shaking with the effort.

"I'll just miss you is all."

She grabbed her mama and pulled her in for a tight hug. Her last hug.
She let a tear escape her right eye, but flicked it away with her index finger before her mother could notice.

"Goodbye mama..." she spoke into her mama's shoulder.

They let go of each other.

"Goodbye Harley. I love you."

Harley's insides cried for her outs.

"I love you too."