chapter 2

The next day is basically a repeat of the day before. I go to school early, do my usual before I meet up with Matthew. Well it's all normal up until I'm leaving and I walk passed the girls' locker room again, and I hear shouting coming from inside.

"I will not enter!" one voice says.

"But you're too good not to," the second voice practically whines back.

"Nobody knows who I am," the first voice says so quietly that I can barely hear her.

"Just promise me you'll consider." There's a pause for about a minute, then the second voice says, "thank you." I'm guessing the first person agreed to think about this contest silently or something. "Come on, your mom is probably waiting in the parking lot." At that, I scramble away from the girls' locker room and hastily exit the school.

That night, I couldn't sleep at all. I needed to know who that girl is.

The next morning, on my way to class, after listening to her sing softly through the door the girls' locker room, I see a paper about a musical competition.

If this is what those two girls were bickering about, thank God! This whole thing has been slowly driving me insane. I skipped sleep some nights, I've even skipped meals because I couldn't focus of anything but her voice.

My mom thought I was sick those nights when I skipped dinner, because Cameron Hanerson is comletely unheard of.