CHAPTER 12: The Arena

I brought my textbook and the disharmony book to lunch (I got a bunch of weird looks). My saddlebag weighed a ton. I sat down next to Stormy and Nova.

"Why did you bring books to lunch?" Stormy asked me. I handed her the book and she read the first page. Her jaw dropped to the floor.

"Huh....how...whaaaaaat." Nova peered over her shoulder.

"Oh my Celestia. Disharmony?"

"It was written on my textbook, so I did a little research and found this."

"What if there are Elements here in Equestria?"

"I don't know."

"What about the Elements Of Harmony?"

"They've been doing this too long, and there aren't new Elements."

"What if we find them?"

"One, we're still students here and two, we'd have to search all of Equestria."

"Oh, yeah, right. Hehe..."

***

The last class of the day was Arena Training. The first thing that ran through my head when I saw the "classroom" was finally, something interesting.

The arena was a large mat with bleachers on each wall. The mat had the Crystal Empire emblem in the center. I was looking at it when a pony slammed into the ground, blocking it. She had been hit pretty hard by her opponent, who I recognized from my Strategies class. Blood Moon. The two ponies left the mat.

"UP NEXT, FLURRY HEART AND BLOOD MOON!" the instructor yelled. He had a blonde mustache that made him look like some general.

I stepped onto the mat and prepared myself. Blood Moon is a pegasi with red and black hair. She grinned.

"You're going down, princess."

"We'll see about that."

She attacked first. She flew at me and I dodged. I hoped she would keep going but she didn't. I shot I spell at her and she flew away just in time. The spell almost hit the clock.

Blood Moon rammed into me and pinned me to the floor. Panicking, I shoved her into the air and kicked her with my back hoof. She landed a few feet away, and the instructor declared the battle won.

I won my first fight!

Blood Moon limped over to Prism in the first row and they began whispering to each other.

But maybe it wasn't a good thing.