CHAPTER 1: The Very Beginning

(Flurry is about the same age as the CMC were, since this takes place after the series. Maybe age 6, 7, 8?)

Sunburst was teaching me about the Crystal Empire, the kingdom I call home. He's practically my second father, considering he's always there for me. My actual parents, Cadence and Shining, try to be there for me, but they're usually busy. I honestly don't mind. They have an entire empire to attend to, and I like books. Sunburst says I get it from my Aunt Twilight, who is also an Alicorn.

Yeah, I'm an Alicorn. Mom said I was the first to be born one. You would think it would give me more attention, but it doesn't. I spend most of my time either with my family, Sunburst, or Bookstacks, the librarian that has always seemed to care about me. She's an older mare, but I'll take what I can get.

"Sunburst, could you tell me more about my Crystaling?"

He was a bit shocked. I don't think he knew that I know that it was a big deal.

"Er, I guess I could tell you. Follow me."

We were in the castle library and Sun led me outside.

The Crystal Heart.

I don't think I've seen it in person before. It looked way less shiny in the books.

"This is the Crystal Heart. It protects the Empire from the Northern weather. You nearly destroyed it-"

"What?"

"Your magic is so powerful, even as a newborn, it shattered the Heart."

"I nearly turned the Empire into a winter wasteland?"

"Er, yes-"

I stopped listening to him, focusing on my own thoughts.

This is my home, and I won't let it fall. Not on my watch.

The Heart began to glow. It shot a beam of blue light at me. I rose into the air and my Cutie Mark appeared. It was the Crystal Empire emblem.

 It was the Crystal Empire emblem

"Fascinating. Very."   

Hey guys! My first MLP fanfic! I love the series and I nearly screamed when I saw the season 6 episode 6 preview! Luv u guys!

~Thia

(This is the preview)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!