Partnership

Tony was outside his suit and had his head bowed to me.

"I am deeply sorry for calling you names and not being a nice person to you. Please except my apology." I looked around to find an answer. As I looked at the others who weren't with me outside I could tell from their memories that they had a good talk with him about him being an a-hole to me. I looked back at the still head bowing Tony.

"It's okay Tony. I forgive you and I hope you learned your lesson. You can lift your head now." He did and I could immediately feel the grins on Spiderman and Black Widow. Furry motioned for us the follow back into the conference room. Spiderman came in with us. I'm guessing this would involve him sooner or later. That or he was late to the first meeting. We took our seats with me sitting by Furry standing in the front again.

"Now that we're all here let's try this again." He pointed at me. "This is our new team mate..."

"Shadow." I said finishing for him.

"Yes. She will be accompanying all of you on your next mission. Now the mission. All of you will be infiltrating Hydra but only for some recon for their upcoming plans."

"Wait, you want all of us to attack their base and not be seen? Your asking for the impossible now." Hawkeye interjected. I cleared my throat and Furry let me take this one.

"I have a healing factor that works faster that deadpool's. I can also project that healing power onto others. Like when I was healing that woman's leg today. I used my healing ability on her and fixed her in less that a minute. I can also project it into a force field of sorts. It might not camouflage you but it can keep you safe while you move around without worry of being attacked." The man in the lab coat raised his hand getting everyone's attention.

"I'm sorry but how exactly can you project a force field by using your healing powers?" He asked. Everyone began to wonder this too all now thinking of the same question. How?

"Well, since the healing part is based on absorbing the damage ones body takes I used it combined with my telekinesis and create a somewhat physical force field around myself and others. When it's just healing it comes out as a mist to better get everywhere. Does that help answer?" He thought for a minute then shook his head in acceptance. Furry put his hand on my shoulder agreeing with my actions. Why is everyone so touchy here? I thought.

"Now with the plans. Everyone will go off by themselves. Bruce, Tony, Thor, and Shadow will stay in the shield transporter as backup in case anything goes down. Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain, and Spiderman will spy around inside the building and gather any information of upcoming attacks they have planned. That's all so hurry up. Your ride is already waiting for you." He said. Then as he and agent Coulson left the room we got up. Spiderman got up and ran out the room yelling "Avengers assemble!" Everyone seemed to laugh and run after him. I followed closely behind as we boarded the transporter. Everyone took their seats with Hawkeye as the pilot. After a few minutes of flying Black Widow was looking at me sitting across from her. I was hoping this would be a quiet flight but no dice.

"So, Shadow. Your the new covered face in the group. Why don't you tell us about yourself?" That grabbed the interest of everyone. Even our pilot set the controls to auto pilot and turned back towards us. All eyes on me. What was I supposed to say? I barely know these people and it's not like I was going to tell them all about me. I looked around at eager eyes waiting for an answer. I sighed knowing my limited options at this point.

"What would you like to know? Other than my real name and personal life." She thought about it for a moment.

"What are your hobbies for one?"

"I train a lot both on my body and powers. I also read a lot of books. Mostly science and current events though. Other than that nothing really." I say. Captain America went next.

"What made you want to help others?" As you would expect from the oldest one in the group to ask the more serious question. Thought that one was a no brainier I had to keep my past out of it.

"I had these powers and just thought that if I could help others then that would be kinder and maybe it could spread." Not really the answer I would have given but it would have to do for now. Thor cleared his throat.

"Why do you where a hooded cloak that hides your face woman Shadow?" I could hear Tony chuckle a little when Thor finished his question. Everyone including me just ignored it.

"I need a way to hide my identity. The cloak being part of it is because of what else I can do. Though I try not to use that power as much as possible. If your wondering what it is don't bother. I know all of you will want me to demonstrate it and I can't for good reason." He looked at me weirdly but agreed with my terms.

"Have you been anywhere other than New York?" Hawkeye asks.

"Yes I have. I've been to every country there is and know almost every language."

"Is that so?" He asks in Russian.

"Yes." I say with a thick Russian accent.  "And a few more" I say each word in a different language. Once he understands he bows his head in defeat. Touché he says in his mind.

"Could you tell us your origin?" The lab man says. It's not like he's asking where exactly I was born.

"In the United States." I say. He nods at my answer.

"Sorry but what is your name?" I ask trying not to be rude. He goes oh and says.

"My name to the public is the Hulk but you can call me Bruce." I look at him then nods my head.

"Thank you Bruce." I say. Black Widow gets my attention and introduces everyone to me.

"You can call me Natasha. Cap over there is Steve. You already know Tony over there. Hawkeye is Clint. Then Thor is just Thor. Spiderman has the same thing with identity issues so we just call him Spidy." They all wave and again say their greetings. I say my thanks to them all. Tony all of a sudden gets a grin on his face turning to me.

"So Shadow, you're a girl right?" He says.

"Where are you going with this Tony?" Steve asks looking half curious half mad. I just shake my head yes. His grin grows wider and wickeder. "So my next question is, do you have a boyfriend?" A few people gasp and others choke on air. I was rather shocked by the question too. Steve sitting by him hits him in the back of the head. I shake my head in disbelief but still respond.

"No in fact I don't." He gives a comedic sad face.

"Aww, no one want to date you?" He was starting to get to cocky again. He wants an answer and this one wasn't really personal.

"No actually, I don't really feel the need to date anyone right now. I have to much to deal with right now for a boy to come in and try to change my feelings about whatever. They would be more of a distraction then an assistant in my life." I say. Everyone looks at me weird like with the exception of Natasha. She looks like she understands where I'm coming from with this. Tony looks back saddened by my words.

"So you've never dated anyone?"  I shook my head no. I honestly saw no real point in it. They would only get in the way or get hurt because of me. A beeping noise snapped us out of our silence.

"We're here. Everyone get ready." Clint said. Within minutes we land and everyone was ready. Those that were going and us that were staying.