15

Rhea's Pov

The sun shines through the window and blinds me. I stir awake and stretch out my arms before getting out of bed and walking nextdoor to Litany's room.

I walk inside and jump on the bed, but she is not there. The bed is empty. I roll over and look at the clock. It's only nine. Litany doesn't wake up until at least noon.

"Aunt Cookie!" I scream as I walk downstairs. "Luscious!"

"What's wrong Rhea?" Cookie wonders.

"Where is Litany? She isn't in her room."

"Well she moved back in with Judy for a while." Cookie explains.

"How can you let her move in with that woman?" I demand.

"She'll be back here before you know it. She just needs to calm down. Don't worry about it." Luscious says.

I roll my eyes and head back up to my room. What the fuck is Litany thinking? All Judy does is lie. She made me believe she was my mother my entire life. Why didn't she just tell me I was adopted like she told Litany?

I remember when I was six and Litany was four. She sat us down and explained that Litany came from a different mother that couldn't afford to raise her. What a lie that was, right? We should have known.

*****
I use my key to get inside Judy's house. Luckily, she isn't in the livingroom like usual. I sigh in relief and walk to Litany's room.

Once again she is nowhere to be found. Where does that girl go?

I walk into my old room and glance around. Everything was still pretty much the same. Same stuffed animals on my shelves along with some pictures of Judy, Litany, and me.

"Keep your voice down." I hear.

"Nobody is home." Someone else says.

I peek my head out into the hallway and see Candace standing very close to Judy. Their faces just inches apart. What the fuck is this?

"We should talk about what happened." Judy sighs.

"I don't want to talk about anything, but us." Candace huffs.

"You never got over that attack and I know you blames me for it." Judy says. What attack was she talking about? What type of past did they have?

"I don't blame you anymore, Judith." Candace sighs in annoyance. I have never met anyone to call Judy by her real name. The entire neighborhood knew her as Judy, not Judith.

"You should talk to someone. You can't heal if you don't." Judy says. "Rape is tragic."

"Shut the hell up already Judy and kiss me." Candace says as she presses her lips to Judy's.

I gasp and walk inside the room. Holy shit! What the fuck is going on?

Judy and Candace kissed. Candace was raped. Were they a couple? How long did they date? This is too much to handle.

I open my window and climb out of it like I use to do when I was grounded. I always knew my sneaking out skill would come in handy. I have to talk to Litany. Where the hell is she?

*****
Tiana's Pov

I gather my belongings and walk out of the police station. The paparazzi gathers around me bombarding me with questions.

"Tiana? Tiana? Is it true that you raped Litany Lyon?"

"Are you in love with Litany Lyon?"

"Did the Lyons know about your relationship with their daughter?"

"How long have your relationship with Litany been going on?"

I cover my face and hop inside the black escalade. This couldn't get any worse.

"It's about time."

I smile and look up to see Litany sitting next to me. She smiles and kisses me.

"Why are you in my car babe?" I wonder. "I just got out of jail."

"I wanna get away."

"Get away?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Your family just dropped the charges against me. I could be in prison right now."

"But you aren't and I want to be with you." She says.

"You can be with me in two months when your birthday comes." I smile.

"Or we can fly over to Paris today and be together forver." She smirks.

"And how do you suppose we do that?" I raise an eyebrow.

She digs through her purse and pulls out a paper. "This is a paper telling the pilot of Empire's private jet to fly to Paris."

"Your father will never let that happen."

"He doesn't have to know." She smirks.