After Class

As the day passes by all I can think about is Downey. He's made me feel things I've never felt before and somehow gets away with it. The pit in my stomach builds when I think about him and I can feel my heart speed up as I approach his class. My hands are clammy and I know my face will heat up when he says my name. I can't understand why he chooses to torment and tease me, but at the same time I kind of like it. Wait, what am I saying, no I don't like it, I don't like him, he's just being an annoying, cocky man who thinks he can have any young girl swoon over him because he's attractive. I continue to argue with myself whether Downey is for real or not when I bump into something.

"You know Miss Eve, my class is back there" Downey points to the opposite end of the hall with his eyebrow raised and smirk pulling at the side of his cheek.

"Uh um, yeah, I was just-just going to use the restroom" I reply, hoping he wouldn't know that the restroom is also down the hall.

"Mhm, yes that's why the restroom is also at the opposite direction you're heading." He turns me around and walks me to his class, arm still hung around my shoulder.

I shrug it off and distinctly roll my eyes, quickly taking my seat.

Downey begins "Good afternoon class, today we will be taking a break from reading The Giver and I will be handing out a quick test to see how everyone is comprehending the novel so far. Don't stress, it's nothing major, it's only based on the first few chapters we have read so far."

I slowly start to panic.. I haven't been paying attention and I was away yesterday. If I mention I was away yesterday maybe Downey will be nice for once in his life and let me catch up on what I missed.

I decide to ask Mr Downey if he'll let me catch up on the reading before taking the test. I pray he will be understanding and cooperative for once. He hands a pile of tests at the end rows of desks to be passed down as I raise my hand.

"Miss Summers?" He acknowledges.

"Yes. Um.. I was wondering if I could catch up on the reading today and write the test on Monday since I was away yesterday and was feeling too ill to read." I nervously ask.

He raises his eyes in disapproval, "the class will continue reading Monday so you can write the test after class today. " He responds.

I don't want to stay after school.. But I don't want to fail this test either so I nod my head in agreement.
Slowly I begin to realize that I have to see him after school.. Alone.. Just me and Downey. What have I done....

As the class writes their tests I stare at my book page. I can't read. I can't focus. All I can think about is the fact that I'll be alone with Downey after that final bell rings. He makes me feel weird..it's uncomfortable but also not. My heart races when he stares at me and I wish it would stop.

My open books lays still on my desk as I nervously tap my foot. I haven't read a single page. The bell rings and the rest of my classmates are handing in their tests when I hear Downey's voice beside me "glad to see you caught up on all your reading" he smiles.... Knowing that I read absolutely nothing.

"I-I'm sorry, I..." I struggle to find an excuse.

"I know....it's okay. You were day dreaming... Fantasizing, whatever you want to call it, you were thinking about me." He says without a stutter, slowly leaning towards me and still smiling.

"I was not, and I don't know why you seem to think I'm always thinking about you. Because I'm not. I'm not!" I stand up angrily. How dare he assume all these things about me. Why does he think I'm obsessed with him, he's the one obsessed with me!

Downey walks around the side of my desk and stands directly in front of me. Gently stepping forward he says in a low voice "then why do you get so flush when looking at me?..." He steps closer to me, placing his hands softly on my waist. "Why does your heart race when I'm close..." He whispers with our bodies now touching one another ever so slightly.

"You need to st-..." I try getting out the words, but I can't. His hands pull me tight into him, one swinging down to my ass. I exhale deeply... I don't know how he did this, but I don't want him to stop.

"Hmm?" He hums.. Asking me to continue, but knowing I can't. He continues to gently rub my sides and my ass, making me close my eyes and try to regain composure.

I open my eyes and look up to him, his face is inches from mine. He licks his lips slowly and looks down at mine. I stand there frozen, I know what's about to come. As he begins to lean forward, I close my eyes. Our lips get closer.. So close they're about to touch, until the door swings open, and Steph stands there shocked. Downey and I separate instantly, but she definitely saw.

"I uh- I'll be right out Steph, just grabbing some things." I stutter, trying to prevent her from saying anything. She still stands there looking shocked. She doesn't say anything, but nods and turns away, waiting for me in the hall.

I turn to Downey and he's trying to cover himself up. Who know a man could be so easily worked up.

"Well... See you Monday." I say giving him a half smile and walk away. He mumbles a brief "see ya" and watches me leave.

"Oh you've got some explaining to do..." Steph smirks as we both rush out of the school.

~Authors Note:

Hello Everyone!

I know.. it's been a very long time. If I'm going to be completely honest I lost track and time for this. Even still now, I'm not guaranteeing a schedule or regularly post/update for this story. I was just scrolling through some old apps, found this and thought it would be fun to update. Maybe another update to come!

Hope you enjoyed :)
Let me know what you think in the comments!