I do not like him

After school Steph and I decided to hangout at her place. She couldn't stop talking about the new substitute and I wanted a little time away from my home life. When we arrived at her house we went directly to her room as usual. Steph wanted to watch The Switch and I really didn't care, so we popped in the disc into the Blu-Ray player and got comfortable to watch the movie. Just as the movie began to play Steph turned to me and said, "so what do you think of Mr Downey?"

"I don't know, he didn't make the greatest impression on me. In fact he seems kind of arrogant and he makes me uncomfortable." I say annoyed, she won't let this guy go.

"Come on Eve, you're telling me you don't think he was the least bit attractive? What did he do that was so bad?" Steph replies.

I continue to stare at the tv screen, trying to avoid conservation and say, "He just pointed me out in front of the class when I was trying to send you a quick text.. He got really close and was all smirky because I didn't have the nicest response back to him."

"Hmm...Looks like you've got a crush on the new teacher. I mean you got uncomfortable when he came close to you. He was smirking? You were probably blushing like a little girl the entire time." She says teasingly, I'm really getting sick of this conversation.

"I do not like him! First of all, what part of he didn't make a good impression on me didn't you get? And second, he's a teacher!" I sternly say, now she's pissing me off.

"Wow calm down there.. I was only joking! Even though you know a student teacher relationship would be totally hot." Steph winks.

"You're really sick you know that?" I reply, focusing back in the movie.

"Oh you love it.. Besides if he pointed you out then there must've been something about you that caught his eye" she says.

I squint my eyes at her and say "Yeah, me on my phone."

"No! Other then that Eve.. Stop being so negative!" Steph finishes and I don't respond. She always goes on these rants about guys to me and it always ends in me ignoring her, it's better that way.

We finish the movie and I walk home. When I get home I complete a little bit of homework, eat dinner and head to bed, surprisingly I've been super tired for just beginning the school year. I rest my head on a pillow and slowly drift into sleep where I find myself thinking about Steph's words about Mr Downey.. I need a fresh start tomorrow.
**
The next morning went by pretty fast as it approached the time for English class to start. Steph and I had a normal discussion in art, rather then her ranting about Mr Downey and my day had been pretty relaxed so far.

The bell rang and I made my way to English, where I sat in my usual spot and brought out my books. There were already kids in class and Mr Downey was up front by his desk. I noticed out of the corner of my vision, his eyes followed me as I took my seat, but as I as I looked his direction, his eyes went back down to his work. There were girls giggling and whispering like yesterday about him and I could tell he loved it as every time he would look to make eye contact, their faces all turned red. I rolled my eyes and waited patiently for class to begin.

"Good afternoon class, today we will be starting the novel The Giver by Lois Lowry. It is one of my favourites and well it's in the curriculum." Downey says. He begins to hand out the books and approaches me. I sit calmly as his eyes set on me. He hands me my book and quietly says "glad to see you behaving yourself today" with his smirk across his lips and continues on to other students. What does he mean 'behave myself'? I did behave myself yesterday! Sure I could've said things to him a bit nicer, but he was the one invading my personal space and over reacting about a stupid phone. This guy gets on my nerves.

Mr Downey walks to the front of the classroom where he rolls up the sleeves of his gray dress shirt and opens his copy of The Giver. "Ok class, we'll begin to read as I will go to each student and have them read a page or two, good?" Everyone's nods in agreement.
As students begin to read I feel his stare in my direction once again. I turn my head quickly to face him, but he looks down. His eyes begin to move back to my direction and I continue to watch him, I will my eye contact with him. Maybe he'll get the hint that it's not polite to stare. He's eyes catch mine and instead of looking away, he just stares as a smirk begins to grow on his face. He's making me uncomfortable again. Why is staring? Is their something on my face? I fiddle with my fingers between the book nervously when suddenly, he stops the girl reading at the time and says "I would like Miss Summers to read now." Everyone looks towards me and I scramble to find the page.

"Eve, we're waiting.." He says as if I was taking a long time.

"Sorry what page?" I say a little embarrassed. That jerk did his on purpose. He knew I hadn't been looking at the book and was trying to get him to stop staring!

"We'll Miss Summers, maybe next time you should follow along. Perhaps you were...distracted?" He says smugly and smiles at me as if he had done nothing wrong.

"Distracted? Are you kidding me?" I say as my anger is almost the to max.
He just stands there, as if he's innocent and like to see me mad "I'm afraid not or else you would've known what page.. Which is, by the way, 32" he says, still smirking and waiting for me to start.

"Whatever" I mumble and shake my head. This guy is unbelievable.. I didn't even do anything wrong! He was the one staring at me!

I begin to read and eventually, the class comes to an end.. Thank god! I swear Mr a Downey was annoying me on purpose. He continued to make casual glances and eye contact with me as others read. He would smirk.. Or look to his book like he had done nothing and I would become flustered and have to stare at my book to avoid him seeing my red face. As everyone packs up their bags, Mr Downey walks to the front of my table and stands there, not saying a word.

"What do you want Downey?" I say bluntly, avoiding eye contact and still mad at what he did earlier.

"I believe it's Mr Downey to you, however I came to say that you did a good job reading today and that maybe if you lay a little more attention to what page were on instead of my body you would do even better." He winked and slowly turned to walk into the opposite direction.

"I wasn't staring! You were the one who kept looking at me." I reply back.

"Yep, whatever you want to think Eva" he walks confidently to his desk. I ignore his comment and finish packing my bags as quickly as possible. As I exit the classroom Downey says a quick goodbye to me, followed by his usual smirk and I jog to find Steph. I need to rant, I need her to listen to what Downey did.

Authors Note:
Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter, it was fun to write! I'm not sure if I should be making these longer or more in detail so if you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments :) Now that summer is here I will have more time to write :) I hope your enjoying the story and thanks for reading!! Don't forget to share The One and Only!