Closer

The next morning I wake up exhausted from the game last night. I do my usual routine before school, grab a quick bite to eat and head to school. I didn't have much time to get ready so a cute french braid and minimal makeup will have to do. Riding the bus was surprisingly relaxing, I have to mentally prepare myself for what I am about to endure at what we call school. I get off the bus and begin to walk towards Steph. It isn't until I'm approximately 50 feet away until I remember. Downey. I'm going to have to deal with all of his crap today, especially from what happened last night. I can't tell Steph or else she would have a heart attack from excitement and her own assumptions . She thinks all of his "moves" are just ways to try to make me like him and take interest in him, when really, the guy is just pissing me off. I decided today was the day that it would end. I know it's only been a week or so that Downey has been here, but he needs to be set in his place with me. He's not going to control me with his charm and good looks, or the fact that his smirk can make me blush in an instance... Wait what?! What am I saying? I mentally smack myself for even having those thoughts. Today it will end, today I will try something different, something that will surprise him and hopefully scare him off.
"Excuse me, um earth to Eve, are you there?" Steph snaps her fingers in front of my face.
"Um what? Sorry.." I've been ignoring her while thinking of my plan.
"I've been trying to get your attention for 5 minutes..Thinking about someone?" She winks at me.
"No Steph, I've got to go to class now, see ya later" I say and quickly move into the crowd of students.
"Wow ok well bye.."
I faintly hear her say back. I didn't want to be rude but I couldn't have handled anymore of her Mr Downey talk.

I finish chemistry class and head to art. Art takes me away from everything. Surrounded by my own thoughts, I am able to put whatever I want on the canvas. I have a mix of emotions and so being able to express them in my own unique way really helps.
I plus in my headphones and begin my master piece. A little bit here and a little bit there, it'll take more then one class to finish, but this will be great. Steph doesn't say much to me all class as she can tell I am really focused. I faintly hear the bell and realize that class is over, so I walk to the sink and begin to rinse my pallet. I check my phone and have 1 new message from Steph:

"I'm down by the cafe, already got us lunch, come meet me when you're done xx- Steph"

This was Steph's sweet, understanding personality side and why she is my best friend. She knows me better then anyone else.
I head to the cafe and have wonderful lunch with Steph. Not only did she buy me my favourite veggie wrap and lemonade, but there wasn't a single comment about Mr Downey, it was nice to have a normal lunch with her.

After lunch I began to head to my next class when a sudden feeling of sickness overcame me. I felt hot, yet cold at the same time and I was extremely light headed. The feeling only becomes worse as I approach class, so I text my mom that I'm going to have to come home. She's not happy that I'm missing 3 classes, but doesn't want me to get worse.

Once I get home, I take a hot bath and lay in bed. It's dark and calming, hopefully I'll get some rest. Before falling asleep I let Steph know what happened.

"Hey Steph, I felt really sick after lunch and decided to come home, be there tomorrow, sorry for not letting you know xx- Eve"

"That's okay babe, knew something was up with you, get better and see you tomorrow xx-Steph"

***
I wake up feeling a thousand times better then last night. Honestly it was probably from being over tired from the game. I get dressed and for a surprise, my little brother had made me breakfast.

"Aw thanks Luke, you didn't have to do that" I say.

"No problem sis, I hope you're feeling better." He replied with a smile.

I get on the bus and stare out the window as it heads to school. Stopped at a stoplight a white corvette pulls up beside us and I check out the car. I love corvettes, they're my dream car when I'm older. Staring at the car, my eyes meet the drivers. It's him. Downey is the owner of that car. Are you serious? As he recognizes me his eyebrows move up and he puts his arms out almost as if he were saying "where were you". Shit! I forgot to tell my teachers that I was sick. Not only am I going to have to deal with Downey's constant annoyance, but now he has something on me.

The bus begins to accelerate and eventually we arrive at school. I meet Steph and we walk around until it's time to go to class. I can't stop thinking about English class. Downey's going to take full advantage of me not telling him and I know it.
As I pass through my first two classes, I head to my locker to switch my books again. I reach for my Physics textbook when I feel something press against me. I slowly turn my head to realize that it's Downey, pressing his ENTIRE body against my backside. I take a deep breathe and exhale. Oh god.

"Just because you go to a little ball game, doesn't mean you get to skip my class the next day, you know" he says with his breathe streaming down my neck. He was close. Very close. In fact I don't think he could get any closer.

"I was sick." I state, pushing back and trying to create some personal space. He pushes back, stronger as he's much bigger then me and presses against me even harder (if even possible).  I feel him. All of him. His heart pounding against me back, his soft stubble, just barely touching my ear, and his hands at either side of me, preventing escape.

"Well there are consequences of missing class" he says softly sending a chill down my spine. I snap of out it and reply "Yeah, well there are consequences of you being this close to a student." I snip.

"I could be closer." He says with a smile tugging from the corner of his mouth.

Ugh, this is going to be one interesting English class.

*** Authors Note ***

I'm so sorry. 😔😔 I didn't update for so long. I just didn't have motivation or ideas and became super busy! School started and sports and work and it all became super stressful but I promise to try to update as much as I can. I'm going for maybe once a month, maybe twice! Please keep following the story! How do you guys like it? Any advice? Suggestions? Comments? I love you all and thank you for following, don't forget to share The One and Only!