First Impressions

I wake up to ear piercing screams coming from the room next to me.
"You told me that dad was coming to see us this morning and he's not here!" I hear my brother shout as he whimpers between his words.

"Well that's the last I heard from your father, you should be used to this by now.." My mom replies sternly, I can tell she's getting frustrated. I decide to walk into the room and remove my brother from the situation. He always seems to calm down faster when he's with me.. I feel the same disappoint he does. You see, my dad always makes plans to come and visit us, but never follows through. His job as a lawyer really does force him to travel a lot, but he never keeps his promises. My parents separated a few years back for that reason.. My mom couldn't handle the constant travel and broken promises anymore, so she left him. Now he's doing the same to Luke and I, although I'm sort of used to it by now.

"Come on Luke, let's go get some breakfast" I say as I walk him out of his room and let my mom cool down.

I make a pancake and bacon breakfast for Luke and myself before I realize what time it is.

"8:02, shit! I gotta go!" I say and swallow the last of my pancake, and rush up stairs to get dressed and ready. I let my hair flow down into its natural wave and quickly put on some mascara. I grab a cute flowy tank top and match it with a pair of dark jeans. Slipping on my Birkenstocks I run out to my bus and successfully make it to school.

Like usual, Steph is waiting at the doors for me and we begin to walk up to our first classes when she reminds me "we get to meet the replacement today!" She says cheerily.
"Oh right, tell me if they live up to the Mrs Flinn standards" I reply sarcastically. She gives me a slight smirk and we continue to our classes.

Chemistry went by quickly, the teacher is really nice and only assigns minimum homework. I pack up my books and walk across the hall to art. Just as I take my seat I see Steph sprinting through the doors and over to our table.

"OMG Eve!.. Eve! You're not going to believe how hot the new English teacher is.." Steph says as she catches her breathe and fans herself with her hand.

"You're over reacting, I mean he's a teacher!" I state. Steph is one of those girls who thinks every guy is hot, so I never take her seriously. Besides, that's not the point, he better be as good of a teacher as Mrs Flinn.

"No I'm serious! His name is Mr Downey..He has perfect hair, warm eyes, and a great sense in clothing style." she drools.

I roll my eyes.. "Whatever Steph, I guess I'll see him in the afternoon". I turn to face her, waiting for a response but she's already day dreaming about this 'Mr Downey' guy.

I continue to work on my art until the bell rings, and then it's lunch, this school year is going by way to slow and it's only the second day back. I complete my math and physics homework during class, and now it's finally time to meet the replacement.

I slowly walk into the class, examining it to find a seat. I see girls huddled together, giggling about who knows what and boys looking as bored as can be, one their phones waiting for class to start. I take a seat in the front row... I usually don't like it up here, but all the seats were taken. Just as I'm pulling out my English binder, I hear the door open and a deep voice says "Good afternoon class, my name is Mr Downey and I will be your english teacher for this year."

I look up to see a man, about 5'10, dark brown wavy hair that was styled messy, but worked for his look, brown eyes and small stubble on his face. He wore a light blue dress shirt, rolled to his elbows and tucked into black dress pants that fit him quite well (if I must say).

"Now, I'm not one for those getting to know each other games, but I'm new to the school and don't know a single name of any of you... So when I call you name, stand up and tell me a little about yourself" he says as he opens the attendance folder. He walk into the centre of the room and begins calling students names, in alphabetical order.

I take out my phone, considering my name is far down the list, I should have some time to send a quick text to Steph. I begin to type as I see a shadow cloud over me and when I look up, there's a smirking Mr Downey with his arms crossed and eyes focused on me.

"Excuse me miss.. But I don't recall asking you to take out your phone in my class." He says smugly with that smirk, still on his face.

"You never said not to either" I say back while looking back down. Where the hell did that come from me?

"Well haven't we got a smart one on our hands... And what's your name miss....?" He raises his eyebrow, waiting for a response. Before I can open my mouth, some popular girl shouts out "Her name is Eve, Eve Summers" she says as she twirls her finger around her hair, trying to flirt with Mr Downey. I roll my eyes, then realize that Downey has taken a step closer to me. He leans down to wear and I begin to fiddle with my fingers. Why is this guy so close? Hasn't he heard of personal space? He looks me directly in the eyes, hands now planted at either side of my desk and says "well Miss Summer's I would just hate to have to give you a detention, so I suggest you put away the phone.." He gives a quick wink and returns to the attendance list. I glare at him, I've never had a detention before, was this guy serious?

He continues to call names and finally, it's my turn. I slowly stand up, wanting this class to be over with as soon as possible. I feel his eyes on me and the smirk across his lips, he's waiting for me to say something.

I turn to the opposite direction, avoiding eye contact with him and say "My name is Eve Summers, I'm a senior like the rest of you and I can't wait for this year to be over with."

"And whys that?" I hear him question. Why is he so nosy, he didn't ask any other students questions.

"Because I do." I reply bluntly. Leave me alone dude.

"Well you better learn how explain your answers in better detail then that Mrs Summers, after all this is english class." He says, still smirking at me. I stare at my desk and wait for him to continue attendance. He's so confident in himself, it's like he knows I'm uncomfortable. If this is what class is going to be like everyday, this is going to be one LONG school year.

**what do you think of the new teacher?? ;)**

Authors Note:
Thank you sooo much for reading and giving this story a chance!! Like I said in the first chapter I'm new to this but am trying my best! If you have any comments or suggestions just leave them in the comments! I'll try my best to update ASAP and once again thank you!!