Chapter 6

The thunder was louder than I expected it to be, the raindrops dropping on the window loudly like bullets. 

It was worse that I'd watched another creepy thriller. 

At times like this I would snuggle into his chest and hide my face in the crook of his neck. 

He'd hold me so gently it felt like his arms were an illusion. 

I wanted to go back home, be alone. 

Being around him was making things worse for me. 

When the thunder struck again I jolted up, grabbing my blanket and running to the door of his room. 

But I stopped in front of the door. 

When the lighting made a crackling sound, I opened the door on instinct. 

He wasn't asleep, he pushed his bangs up with his fingers and sat up on the bed. 

"The thunder?" he asked, his voice soothing to my ears. 

I nodded yes. 

"Mind if I sleep here? Just for tonight?" I asked him, my eyes making a silent plea. 

He just nodded yes and moved himself to make space and patted on it. 

I didn't hesitate because there was another flash of lightening. 

We both were turning opposite sides, but when the thunder struck again causing a vibration on the windows I yelped, making Taehyung put an arm over me. 

I instantly calmed down to his familiar touch and he took his hand away after realisation. 

He regretted it. 

Taehyung shuffled a little in his bed and caught a hold of something under his pillow. 

"Here" He said and passed me his iPod. 

My eyes went wide in surprise before I took it. 

"But-" I was about to ask but he replied in advance. 

"I snuck it" He said and passed me one of the earbuds which I gladly took. 

He put the other in his ear but they kept falling off. 

"Raise your head a bit?" he asked in a whisper and I did, he placed his arm around my neck and the earphones stayed in place.

He avoided eye contact. 

The song playing was 'Hold me tight' and it made me feel nostalgic. 

This was his 'I miss you' play list which he'd listen to when he was on tour. 

The warmth his arm gave me was incomparable to any luxury in life. 

I fell asleep too soon, his steady breathing and the song soothing my panicked state really quickly.