The New Collegians

August 27, 2117LY

Yesterday I got discharged out of the hospital...but  Charlie didn't. In middle the night, he had an panic attack. The doctors wasn't sure what was the cause but it was so bad that he was sent straight to the emergency room. It was the last I saw of him that night.  I was in my space getting ready for the academy, when my mom came on the MC.

"Antlia! Come to the living space now!"

I let my space take me to the Living space where I found my mom on the OMIC cell.

"Mom...what's the matter?"

"It's the hospital..."

"Is it Charlie!?"

She shook her head to my question.

"It's his mother..."

I grabbed the phone from her hands.

"Um...hello..."

A small timid voice came from the phone.

"Hi...is this A-Antlia?"

"Yes...this is...are you Charlie's mother"

"I am...about Charlie..."

"Charlie?! How is he?"

"He is fine..."

"Thank goodness...."

I let out a sigh of relief as Charlie's mother had continued to talk.

"It caught us all by surprise...the panic attack. It's not much a surprise to me though...that child has always been weak since young."

I couldn't say a word. Those words....had left an undesirable fear inside me. I had to say something she was waiting, I have to set it to the side.  I took a deep breath and continued the conversation.

"Could I speak to him?"

"No...he is sleeping in his room right now, maybe when he wakes up."

"Ok...um so what...what do you think could of cause the panic attack?"

Charlie's mom went completely quiet leaving me curious and lost until I came to a conclusion myself.

"Was it the shock of the rocks!?"

She had finally responded but in a murmur her words came out unclear under her voice.

"Sorry, but I couldn't hear y-"

"It was the rocks."

"Oh...so it was."

"Yes...I should probably be getting off the phone now, you have to go to your academy right.

"Oh...yes I do! I will be late if I don't go now!"

"Better get going then."

"W-wait!"

"Yes...?"

"When will Charlie get out of the hospital?"

"I am not sure...I have to go now, good bye."

The OMIC  cell had hung up leaving behind the beating tone.

"Miss Safire!?"

I placed the OMIC cell down and started heading to the front. I waved my mother as I continued to walk out. Ms. Safire...she was in such a hurry to get off the phone...does she not like me? Or...does she has something she's hiding...? Something she's hiding...for some reason it had reminded me of the dream I had just the other day. I decided to also set this aside, it had become my motto. Set annoying confusing things to the side and stay calm!