Prologue

A new story! I'm excited and nervous to write it. It concerns a different topic from what I've written in the past. I hope it turns out okay. Let me know what you think of it. 

-----------------------

Zion smiles as he arrives home. Hopefully, Hunter really doesn't have anything planned for next weekend. Zion is excited to surprise him with a trip to the cabin they went to after dating for a month that he doesn't notice the other car parked in the driveway. He opens the door to hear voices coming from the kitchen.

"Is he coming home soon? I'm getting sleepy." He hears a familiar voice.

"He should be here soon. Why don't you go get ready for bed?" Hunter states.

Zion furrows his eyebrows. Why would someone be spending the night? He turns the corner to see Hunter's body flushed against someone's else. "Hunter?"

Hunter lets go of the person revealing him to be Mario.

"What is he doing here?" Zion asks.

"Oh, you're home."

Zion nods. He sees that Mario stays close to Hunter even when Hunter takes a step in Zion's direction.

"I need you to leave tonight." Hunter states.

"What?" Zion asks confused.

"I already packed your necessary items. It's in the suitcase by the door."

"What are you talking about?"

"We're done. We're through. You need to leave."

Zion's breath hitches. His heart seems to stop beating and it feels like someone is squeezing it. "What?" He whispers. His eyes full of unshed tears.

"Are you deaf?" Hunter asks angrily. "We're done. I want you out of my house."

"You said you love me." Zion whispers.

"Who could love someone like you?"

"Y-you said--"

Mario stands next to him looking at Zion with pity.

"I like real men not someone like you."

Zion lets out a sob. He doesn't understand how Hunter can be so cruel. Hunter had told him he loved him the way he is. He had told him since the beginning of their relationship. He has accepted it.

"Go." Hunter states.

As much as he wants to move Zion is in shock from the pain. Hunter grabs his arm and starts pulling him out the door. He pushes him to the yard. Then, he goes inside for Zion's suitcase and throws it in the yard. "Leave and don't come back." Hunter tells him.

"Please, I don't have anywhere to go. I'll go in the morning." Zion begs. He doesn't know where to go. His mind isn't processing everything that is happening.

"Call your brother. I'm sure he'll let you stay with him."

"It's late."

"It's not my problem."

"Please."

"Leave! I don't want you here." Hunter spits.

"Why?" Zion asks; tears running down his face.

"I don't want you anymore."

A sob breaks through. Zion hugs himself trying to stop his heart from being squeezed.

"Don't come back." Hunter says slamming the door behind him.

Zion drops to the ground; he doesn't know for how long he sits there in the dark crying and hugging himself in an attempt to hold himself together. He doesn't know when he stopped knocking on the door. He feels arms go around him.

"Hunter?" He asks turning to look at his face.

"Shh, Zion. I'm here. You'll be okay." His brother whispers.

Zion's heart clenches at his crushed hope. He doesn't know when if he called his brother. He cries in his brother's arms. 

-----------------------

Thank you for reading! Let me know what you think!