15- Start Of Something Good

Start from the beginning

He smirked at me before shaking his head. “I’m not jealous, I was just curious.”

“Sure thing,” I sang, even though I knew that he wasn’t actually jealous, it was just fun to tease him.

We sat there and had lunch but we went back to school a little bit earlier than necessary so that we could make out in the parking lot for a little bit and then go back into the school to continue the day.

The rest of the day didn’t go as fast as the first half and that was probably because I wouldn’t really see Todd at all for the rest of the day, since I had to do that partner thing with Braeden. And it wasn’t like I was dreading hanging out with Braeden, I would just rather be with my boyfriend is all.

After practice was over, I sat in the passenger seat to our house and then I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before going upstairs with Braeden to start on our anatomy project. Owen wouldn’t let me ride with Todd in his car, even though he was just following Owen’s car to our house, but I didn’t push him too much on it because it wasn’t really that big of a deal and I didn’t want to annoy Owen any more than necessary about this whole dating Todd thing.

“So where do we start?” Braeden wondered, plopping down on my bed as I sat down in my office chair and wheeled it over to the bed and we had our papers sprawled out between us to study.

“First, we have to memorize the body parts,” I informed him, looking at the paper with all of the anatomical terms of simple body parts.

“Okay, what body parts though?” He laughed at my vagueness.

“Where’s your paper?” I wondered.

“I’m not looking at it because I already know it all,” He joked with a small smirk.

“Oh, alrighty then, Mr. Smarty Pants,” I chuckled, looking at the paper for one of the hard ones. “What’s this?” I asked him, pointing to my knee.

“That’s a knee, Dakota,” He informed me as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

“Wrong!” I chirped quickly. “That is a patellar, and the back of the knee is the popliteal. So you don’t know them.”

“What kind of names are those?” Braeden laughed. “Those are ridiculous.”

I nodded in agreement. “Very true, but we still gotta know them. And once we know all 40-whatever terms, we get to figure out what we’re gonna do for our project. Okay, this one is easy- what’s this?” I asked him, pointing to my wrist.

“You’re, um, wrist?”

“Braeden,” I sighed heavily. “Anatomical terms. It’s your carpal.”

He frowned in confusion. “How is that easy?”

“Well, like carpel tunnel is in your wrist, so that’s how you can remember it.”

“This is impossible,” Braeden informed me.

I rolled my eyes. “No it’s not, just focus. Oh! This one is super easy- belly button is umbilical. You know, like umbilical cord.”

“Okay sure, that one’s kinda easy.” He nodded.

“I have an idea,” I piped. “Close your eyes.”

He gave me a cautions frown. “Why?”

“Just do it,” I whined.

He sighed and then closed his eyes, but he was still anxious to see what I was going to do.

“Ready?” I asked him.

He shook his head. “Nope.”

“Good,” I giggled, clenching my hand into a fist and then throwing it into his belly button. “UMBILICAL!” I screamed.