Other People's Dirty Work

I pulled up in a shifty looking carpark, B6, looking around for the guy who'd called me. I turned off the car and got out, standing, a hand on the door and a hand on the roof of the car. "Percy!" A voice called and I whipped around, Steve was striding up towards me.

"Hey." I grinned, "what screwed up now?"

Steve's mouth twisted into a grin then it faded. "Something's come up, and I completely understand if you don't agree with, but, we could use your help."

"It doesn't matter, you were the only one that called... And I didn't have anything to do."

The end of Steve's mouth quirked upwards and he gestured towards the people behind him. "This is Scott Lang and Lana Stark, Clint, Sam and Wanda you already know. We wouldn't have asked you if had any other choice." Steve says grimly, I shake my head and shrug. He turns to the rest of the group with a grimace. "Suit up."

...

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you just feel weird?" Tony said, an air of arrogance tinging his words. His voice so loud it hit our comms unit. I frowned, I was with Clint, Lana and Wanda on protection duty. Well, Wanda and Lana didn't need to know that but...

Lana was an interesting case, from what I'd gathered, she was Tony Stark's daughter from the future. Apparently she'd been chucked back here. There was a guy on the other side, Tony's side, Gale, who was the other person from her time. I'm guessing they'd split over petty disagreements and what's right etc. The usual stuff couples fight about.

Wait, you don't? Lucky.

"Definitely weird." Rhodey, Tony's sidekick said back, literally his sidekick down to the matching uniform, gimmick and everything.

We ran across the interior of the hanger, trying to locate the quinjet, as Cap tried to reason with the other side. Explaining who was the real enemy.

"Black cat just showed up." Lana sighed wearily, peeking slightly over the windowsill to down below. "This is where it gets bad."

"You're a time traveller from the future right?" I asked and Lana nodded.

"Fiveish years ahead of all of this." She waved her hand to down below, a figure in a red and blue suit jumped from nowhere, Lana heaved another sigh, dragging a hand down her face.

"So what's it like in the future?" I ask humourlessly.

"Can't tell," Lana scowled at the heroes below like they're the reason for her current predicament. Perhaps they were. "I-I just don't want to screw any timelines up, if ya know what I mean?" She continued weakly.

"You sound really done." I commented.

"You'd have no idea," she muttered, "on second thoughts, you're Percy Jackson, you'd have a strong idea."

"Woah, Lana Stark knows about me?" I asked, feeling impressed.

"Don't get me started." She groaned, laughing a little.

"We found it. The quinjet's in hanger five, north runway." Bird guy no.2 said, Falcon I think. Clint turns to us, apparently we'd missed something because all the guys below were beginning to square up, Small Guy, Scott had turned to regular size, and was standing besides Captain America, handing him his shield.