(Ref.3)

Today's update is in tribute to me meeting, hugging and getting Tom Hiddleston's autograph.

"In the time that I was in Tom Hiddleston's prescence, I did not talk about my obsession with Marvel, Thor or Loki, the character he played, which was both a huge relief and a large disappointment."

"And then Fury was all like, fine, you can go now." I spoke, imitating Drew's teenager babble slash squeak almost perfectly. Sharon and the few other agents in surrounding tables laughed together. I leaned back, feeling accomplished. My sassyness quota was filled for the day.

"Agent Percy Jackson, please report to Level Ten, Percy Jackson to Level Ten please." The cool voice of the intercom woman spoke. She was a common sound in the Cafeteria, often relaying agents to areas that they were needed, our work never stopped. But there was an air of mystery around the Intercom woman, no one had met her, but the rumours had shifted into urban legend, passed around the tables during meals. I was sure that someone would start writing fanfiction soon.

The mirth from Sharon's eyes disappeared instantly and she slitted them at me in a hawk-like fashion. Level Ten was code for Fury, I had to go and talk to Fury... Again. I wasn't exactly sure why he wanted to call me up again. Probably to scold me. But if he wanted to scold me then he should just adopt me and become my mother.

I slid back from the table and stood. "Well guys, looks like it's the execution block for me," I tipped my imaginary hat to them and a collective chuckle rose. Sharon abruptly grated back her chair and stood. Leaving in the direction for the elevators.

"What was that?" I asked curiously when I caught up with her.

"Fury doesn't like waiting and you were dillydallying around. I thought, I might as well tell him where Percy is before he becomes annoyed."

"I was getting there." I scoffed and folded my arms against the railing, watching the skyline shrink. We were at one of the SHIELD bases in Manhattan which was carefully disguised as a background skyscraper.

"Sure you were." Sharon shot back playfully, I poked my tongue out at her. "Child." She muttered.

The doors slid open and we strode out, Sharon took a spot at the seat outside Fury's office as I swirled inside.

Fury's spot reminded me of what a gothic corporate boardroom would look like. It was a seamless blend of black, dark wood and tiny lights embedded in the roof. I looked at them curiously, wondering what their purpose would be if Fury just opened the fricken blinds for once.

"Perseus." Fury greeted. "Please sit." I gritted my teeth, my original name bringing forth a torrent of monster voices, sliding my name over their foul lips.

"I'd rather stand." I replied emotionlessly. "Sitting makes me feel like I got in trouble and now I'm at the Principle's office." Fury's fave was impassive as he thought over those words.

"Well you could say that you are at the Principle's office and that you are in trouble."

"What did I do?" I almost cried. "Sir." I added on later. My respect for authority had no end.

"Percy, you were different from the beginning, I think we all understood that. With not only your abilities and healing factor, setting you apart from the mainstream agent recruits that we bring in but your attitude and skill set aren't those of an agent... They're ones of an Avenger." I could almost hear the foreboding score in the background of my head, building up and when Fury delivered his line, I saw a blaring screen title; AVENGERS: PERCY SCREWS EVERYTHING UP.

I recon it'd make a great movie.

"So is this your not so incognito approach of offering me a job as an Avenger?" I asked slowly.

"Yes."

"What other options do I have?" I asked exasperatedly.

"The Council has determined that with your difficulty of revealing your past, that they cannot tolerate such a difficult person as yourself within their ranks, so you've been given two options; join the Avengers, live at Stark Tower or retire from the world of superheroes and spies and try to lead a normal life,"

I thought about if for a second, not sensing the weight of the impact of this decision would have on my future.

"I think I'll take the first one."