(Ref.4)

"Good." Fury said, sitting back. "Then it's arranged, you'll be transferred from the care of Agent 33 and delivered to the Avengers' Tower where you will meet Agent Romanoff and Barton."

"They're still agents?" I asked incredulously and scoffed to myself something about special treatment. Fury narrowed his one eye on me and I looked away, grumbling. I almost spat out. "Yes Sir," through gritted teeth. Fury and I never saw eye to eye, he was always prying, trying to chip away into my past that I'd set behind a thick stone door. Ha! Sucks to be them.

"Your dismissed, please hand in your ID." I looked down at my suit breast pocket and practically ripped off the card still in it's laminated pouch and tossed it along the desk to Fury, almost aggressively. The level 8 bolded font, beamed back up at me, almost like it was taunting. I'd worked so much further and harder than a lot of agents, also proving that a dyslexic and ADHD guy could get up to the higher ranks.

I bit my lip and looked at Fury with cold eyes. "Thank you for the experience, sir." With that, I spun on my heel and walked out in extremely long strides. I walked past Sharon and her head jerked up from her phone at my passing.

"Percy!" She called, struggling to catch up with me. "Percy! Wait! What did Fury say? Why don't you have your ID card?"

I slid into the elevator and she stepped in with me. "Because I'm no longer an agent."

"What?" Her face turned pale and her voice strained. She looked rather shocked to say the least. I smiled down at her.

"Your relieved of your duties towards me." I said softly, "now you can go on missions and be a cool spy rather than babysitting me." I always got the feeling that Sharon was always slightly resentful towards me because her duties of following me around and making sure I was okay, took away her opportunities to go on mission operations and the like. Now she could be a cool spy like her mum.

Sharon's lips puckered downwards softly as much as she wanted to be a cool spy and kick bad guy ass, she would miss me and my annoying sass. "We'll still be friends, right?" She asked softly. I nodded, looking down.

"Of course, who else can tolerate me like you can?" We laughed together and I trailed off, watching the ground grow closer. The elevator stopped and I hopped out. I gave her a grin and a mock salute before the doors closed.

I turned back and trudged through the foyer of the base. It kind of hurt that Fury had fired me, I'd trained very hard for that position and he'd kind of just dumped it on me.

But in the same way, I was glad that he had. The work that I was doing wasn't enough to keep me distracted from the other thoughts that lingered in my mind; Annabeth, camp, the gods. I didn't want to think about it. None of it. Because remembering included hurt and the guilt and the reminder that she's gone and I was so much of a failure that I couldn't even save her.

Maybe working with the Avengers would be the distraction I needed. I would be so invested in my work that Camp Half-Blood, Annabeth, and everything else would be a distant thought in the back of my head. I thought over the stories Natasha and Clint had told me about; infamous and wild Tony Stark who poured over alcohol, calm and smart Bruce Banner but when challenged had a track record of breaking stuff which sounded hilarious coming from Clint but a danger coming from Natasha. There was also Steve Rodgers who'd I'd seen occasionally walking around the base, Thor, the Norse thunder god, who'd an obsession with Game of Thrones and smashing all of Tony's glasses. Also, if you were the one to look for poptarts on the tower, they'd be almost nonexistent due to Thor.

I smiled to myself, be optimistic, I thought. You're no longer an agent. You don't have to be a grumpy pants agent anymore.

You were a grumpy pants agent because you were in grief. I hailed a taxi and told the guy the address, he gave me an incredulous look before complying. Within a few short turns and a ten-minute crawl along, the cabbie dropped me at the corner and I paid him what I owed. The cabbie sped off and I turned back to look up at the Avenger's tower anxiously.

You're an Avenger Percy. I thought mystically to myself before walking through the sliding, glass doors.

A short chapter for all of your love, I hope to update tomorrow in a longer chapter. But please leave your thoughts, predictions, what you want to happen, if you want a cameo etc. Agent out.