Chapter 21

For the next few days, Xavier was instructed to keep an eye on me to keep me from disappearing. I wasn’t too pleased about having a baby sitter, but since I could always teleport from my room and meet Damien on the island, I wasn’t too annoyed with being restricted.

I was starting to go stir crazy in the confines of the palace and said to Xavier in a tone of authority, “Take me on a tour of the city,” as we walked through a hallway. I had probably sounded like a spoiled brat, but he knew very well that I wasn’t at all happy with him so I simply didn’t care. There was no reason for him to follow me only to run to the king about it.

He nodded and it wasn’t the most exciting trip. He drove to inner city before getting out to walk. Madam Pavoni no longer saw Xavier as a suitable match since I was furious with him and decided that he was now my chaperone. I had expressed my fury with him several times and the change in my tone was quite obvious to everyone.

We walked the streets of downtown, which I faintly remember when I visited with Kimbra and Aria to buy my wardrobe. There were lots of cute shops that I visited and I normally am a fast shopper, especially when I’m just looking, but I took my time as my own way to torture Xavier. I enjoyed every moment that I ignored his polite suggests to leave to hear him sigh in defeat. I bought unnecessary items, like bracelets, necklaces, quite tops and skirts just because to make him carry the bags... and to support the small business owners since I was always a huge supporter in small and local business. I even found a local book store and found a couple of books to read as well as a book on air elemental abilities. There were a lot of diagrams, much more than the book that I had recently purchased, and the different things that I could possibly do was much more than I could ever imagine.

After a few hours, I got a good sense of the kingdom and was glad to get out to the house and with Xavier being so quiet, it was like I had a little more freedom in a way. Every time we entered a shop, he’d stand by the entrance and stay out of my way.

We arrived back at exactly 3 O’clock, which when Kimbra needed me to look over the smaller details for the garden party. I felt a vibrate in my pocket as I walked to the sun room and looked at the text on my phone. It was from Damien.

“I just received your initiation, Princess Ellia,” it read, making me smile.

I didn’t have time to respond when Kimbra saw me in the hallway as she waited just outside the sun room. I tucked the phone away and greeted her nonchalantly.

“Good afternoon to you as well,” she greeted back. “So tell me, who is making you smile so much?”

“No one.” I tried to act as casually as I could, but she saw right through me.

She gave me a pointed look as we entered the room and she closed the door. “Find you do not have to tell me, but I bet I can guess it is that dashing Dilan,” she replied as we sat across the patio table. I simply looked up at her, trying not to give it away, but she laughed and said, “I knew it.” Of course she did, she’s known since we came up with the idea of a garden party.

Instead of answering, I looked down at the four different table placements and two binders stacked on top of another. “What is with the binders?”

“That is the song list,” she began indicated to the top one. “There are CD’s  in there as well that you can listen to on that.” She pointed to a small stereo system on the occasional table in front of the sofa. “We also have the floral arrangements for you to chose from in this one,” she continued indicating to the bottom binder.

I nodded and looked at the placements, switched a napkin and pointed to the second one on my right and said, “I like this one.”

In a split second, a servant came over and cleared the table of the other three placements, leaving the one I had chosen at the table.