Chapter 19

** So I thought I'd show how Ellia is progressing in her abilities in this chapter. Comment and vote to show your love!**

I didn’t waste a second to pull him into a kiss. I probably shouldn’t have done it, but I did anyway. My heart was aching with so much emotion that I wanted to cry, but I managed to keep the happy tears at bay.

Just a few seconds after we pulled away, Damien whispered, “Someone is coming.” I looked up at him and raised my eyebrows in a silent question. “Demon hearing,” he answered as he quickly stepped a few steps away from me. I frowned, but before I could protest, Blithe was next to us and the door had opened, revealing my father and Xavier.

Thankfully, to them it looked like the three of us were chatting away and by the looks on their faces, they didn’t think anything of it except Xavier who had a slight frown on his face.

“Hello, Ellia,” my father greeted. “I don’t believe you had training today.”

“I asked for her to join us. Dilan wanted to see her abilities,” Blithe cut it.

Damien nodded. “I have always heard about the air elemental, but very few of us have seen the abilities for ourselves.”

My father grinned widely. “It’s a pleasant sight,” he commented. “I’d love to see what new things she’s learned.” He turned to me. “Would you be so kind in showing us what you’ve learned?”

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes. I was sure that he was ecstatic to show me off. I looked to Blithe and asked, “Spar with me?” He noddedand we stepped further into the gym.

I took my stance, bent my knees and shook out my arms to loosen them. I waited until Blithe started. He came at me, starting slow and easy. I blocked his punches and dodged his kicks before using the air ability to throw him off guard when pushing his body away from mine. He went much farther than he normally would haveand he recovered quite easily. He formed a fireball and launched it at me, giving me the chance to use my newly mastered technique. I built a shield around my entire body through the form of air and let the fire ease its way around me. As the air around me spun, so did the fire. Once I was completely surrounded and the fire kept me concealed, I teleported to the doors of the gym, leaving the large ball of fire and air still intact.

I let it downand Blithe looked confused as everyone saw that I was no longer there. “That was amazing!” Aria explained next to me. Everyone, even Blithe looked over to where Aria to find me standing there as well.

“Thanks,” I replied.

Blithe chuckled and shook his head. “Originally she was supposed to just form the shield, but it seems she’s figured some things on her own,” he said as he walked toward the rest of the group.

I gave him a cheeky smile. “I thought it would be a perfect time to show you.”

“If we ever get attacked by demons again, I guess I won’t have to protect you,” Xavier commented with a smile.

“They won’t attack again,” Aria piped in with a stern tone. “But if anyone else tried, then Elle would probably be saving you,” she added completely serious and straight faced.

Blithe and Dilan laughed, while my father just grinned acting as if my sister was just teasing him.

“It does look like she’s more than capable to do so. How much farther are you in your combat lessons?” My father asked.

“She’s advanced,” Blithe answered for me. “Want to show them how much of a ninja you can really be?” Blithe asked me. I shrugged and teleported back to my original spot in the middle of the gym. Blithe did the same and started to throw much harder punches and kicks at me.

The first punch I blocked with my elbow. His first roundhouse kick I dodged by doing a back flip. I landed with a low crouch, prepared for another attack, which he did. He formed another fireball and with my own ability, I guided it around me using the air to form a bridge around my body. I then went into a smooth transition with my index and middle finger extended and pressed together. I swung my arms back around, creating a blade made of air. He dodged it with a quick sideways step and ran at me with another one of his fire tricks. I jumped, using the air to lift me even higher. I front flipped my way behind him only to knock him down with a gust of air that came from my own roundhouse kick. He was pushed back like before and came back at me with a few more punches. I dodged and counter attacked throughout the rest of the sparring match.

Our match wasn’t to get actual hits in, but to block and show how quick my reflexes were while keeping my stamina, which was holding up. I felt like had more than enough energy to keep up for a while. Eventually, Blithe called it after I cart wheeled to the side to dodge another fireball.

I looked over at Damien who held a smirk on his face, knowing very well that the flips, jumps, cart wheels and other “Ninja” moves I pulled were from my 10 years of gymnastic classes that I begged my mortal father to pay for when I was younger.

The king looked impressed and kept a very pleased smile on his face as he gave a nod. “Very impressive. Where did you learn to move like that?” he asked.

“Gymnastic classes,” I answered.

He turned back to Blithe, “Implement these classes with the other solders and with the new troops.”  Blithe obliged. Like he could say ‘No’ anyway.

“Dilan, do you spar?” Aria asked Damien. “I’d love to see someone else go against Elle,” she teased.

Damien looked at me as if he was asking for permission. “I’m up for it if the princess is.”

“Going against him in a sparring match could be very fun,” I thought before saying, “Sure, I’m up for it.”

“Minimal ability use,” Blithe reminded. He turned to the king, “She’s still learning to conserve her energy and build stamina,” he explained. In reality, I could go on and on, but with Damien’s cover, it’s better that we don’t push the buttons. Mermaids had abilities, but only the very basic was a commonality with Demons, which meant he couldn’t teleport. Insteadhe could move extremely fast and use his advanced strength.

We walked to the middle of the gym, which was the same spot Blithe and I had started. Since we were out of earshot, we were able to speak a little more freely before beginning so I decided to say, “Be prepared to be wowed by my awesomeness.”

He let out a deep throated chuckle. “I already am and the more I see it, the more I love you,” he whispered, which made me blush. I looked away and caught Xavier’s deep set frown, the kings smirk, and Blithe and Aria’s knowing smile.

It was more than obvious that they had seen my red cheeks when Aria called out, “Stop flirting and start fighting!” I rolled my eyesand Damien chuckled at her.

Damien bent his knees at the same time I didand before I could make another move, he ran at me in nearly a blur. I had managed to jump out of his way, using the air to get higher into the air. I twisted myself around just before landing back behind him. He stopped, turned and moved again, but this time going around me and trying to attack from behind. I ducked and kicked out my leg and swung it my body, and as my leg connected with his, he fell onto his back.

He quickly rolled onto his shoulders and kicked himself up back to a standing position to perform a perfect rising handspring. Surprised by his skills, I was caught of guard and he managed to pin me down within a second.

It wasn’t until his light breath was tickling my cheeks did I realize how close we were. I stared into his bright blue eyes for a few seconds until I remembered that the king and everyone else was right behind us. With my arms still pinned to my sides, I tucked my feet toward me and kicked him off from me and quickly got back to my feet with the swift motion of a rising handspring. Once I was to my feet, I bent my knees ready for another attack.

However, we didn’t get to continue since Kimbra came in and called for us girls. “Come on you two,” she called. “We still have the guest list to go over for the garden party.”