Run

A/N: Sorry it has been so long since I updated. I had literally no inspiration at all. Then I saw an interview where Tom was saying he loved to run and the idea for this chapter spawned from there. I apologize if it's not really amazing or anything but hopefully you all still enjoy it.

______________________________________

Tom tied his trainers and then sat back up on the couch as he stares at you with those beautiful blue eyes of his.

“Love, are you sure you don’t want to go running with me?” He asks for quite literally the 18th time.

You roll your eyes and continue to spear at your omelet with a fork. You’re never really all that hungry in the mornings but Tom always insists that you eat something. It’s 5:53am and he wants you to step outside of your warm, cozy house and go for a run while you desperately try to keep up with Mr. Giraffe legs. Not going to happen for various reasons.

“No Tom.”

“Please?” He raises both his eyebrows and gives you puppy dog eyes that would’ve worked if you’d have been ever so slightly more awake.

“Toooooom,” you whine, “I’m not a runner, nor am I a morning person, why would I want to exhaust myself trying to keep up with you, who is both of the aforementioned things!”

“Because you’re leaving for set tomorrow and I want to spend time with you and you never ever run with me and I don’t normally ask because you usually respond just as you are now…” He gives you a glum and rather upset look.

You sigh and hold your cup of coffee in your hands, the warmth seeping into your fingers and making you both sleepier yet less groggy. “I want to spend time with you too Tom… but I really am not made for running. Especially this morning.”

“Why especially this morning?” Tom asks you curiously as he fills up a water bottle for the run.

“I am definitely not in peak physical condition.” You answer and sip the coffee.

He walks over and places a hand on your forehead. “Why not? Are you sick darling? You don’t feel as though you have a fever….” He trails off.

“Nah, not sick. Just not feeling quite up to par. People have off days Tom- not that you’d know. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen you with anything so much as a headache.” You rub the side of your face with a palm.

“Or I possibly just mask them better than you…. What if it’s not a run? Just a little jog. I’ll make sure to stay at your pace even?” He gave you a bit of a hopeful little smile and sits down with a plop on the floor letting his ridiculously long legs just splay out as usual.

You harrumph, you married a persistent man. You yawn, “I’d need more convincing than that Tom.”

His eyes glinted playfully and he scooted closer as a smile crept across his face.

“Toooom, I didn’t mean-“ too late. He was already pouncing the rest of what little distance was between you and pulls you out of your seat. You somewhat topple into him and in your head you’re thankful you didn’t have the coffee mug in your hand or it would’ve spilled everywhere. He lets his lips meet yours and though you’re always glad to kiss him, the early morning Grinch part of you is still annoyed with him.

You kiss him back for a couple moments and then part your lips to mumble “That wasn’t what I meant Tom.”

“But it’s fun.” His blue eyes spark happily and he keeps his forehead touching yours, you can feel his warm breath on your lips as he exhales, “Run with me Joanna?”