Chapter Fourteen- Equilibrium Going Off

Okay! Hi. :D Hahaha. If you're reading this, you're awesome. :) And you're beautiful, and great, you have a nice sense of humor, you make the sun rise every morning--what? I'm being too nice? Okay, busted. I'm being too nice right now because I'dreally appreciate opinions on my new story, Remy Unenchanted. :D Umm, please check it out? I've only posted up until Chapter 1, so please, please, please, please. :D

--Kierra XX

P.S.- You're still beautiful and great, and you still have a nice sense of humor, and you still make the sun rise every morning just because you're still reading this story. X) Thanks a lot!

Chapter Fourteen- Equilibrium Going Off

                “You’re… Luke?” I asked.

                He smirked. “In the flesh.”

                Okay. So not only was he wearing something only a goth would, he was also smirking as if he owned the world. I have enough of guys like that already (Jake and Cam), and frankly, I didn’t think I needed another one.

                “So, uhh, hi,” I said.

                He nodded in acknowledgment, like those cool guys do. The thing was, he would have been pretty handsome if he didn’t look like some vampire walking out in the streets. “Uhh, do I really know you?” I asked him.

                He raised his eyebrows. “Why, of course you do. Luke. Luke Walters?”

                I gave him a blank look, and I knew Sherri was the same too. “Well,” I said, “other than those letters, I didn’t really believe you. But now…” I looked at him and his black, black, and black outfit, I said, “I’m starting to think this is a Just For Laughs gag.”

                And then he smiled and flashed his perfectly white, straight, teeth. And he had a cute dimple on his right cheek. “You always were pretty funny, Kia.”

                I blinked.

                “Oh. My. God,” I exclaimed. “Nobody ever called me Kia. Ever. Unless I count Josh Walters who was this—” I cut myself off and looked at him. “Did you just say you’re Luke Walters?”

                He nodded, still smiling. “Josh Lucas Walters?” I breathed out.

                “Wait, what?” Sherri turned to face me. “Who’s this Josh Whatshisname you’re talking about?”

                I shook my head. “How should I know? I—I—”

                “Relax, Kia. It’s me.” He crossed his arms over his chest. At least now he wasn’t showing those perfect toothpaste commercial white teeth. But he was still smiling.

                “Whoa.” I looked at him, realized how much he changed over the years. “Whoa,” I repeated, because I just couldn’t believe it.

                It was Josh Lucas Walters.

                The first time I met Josh Walters was probably when I was in second grade. If you’re wondering, then yes, I do remember. That’s because Josh Walters was actually fat and chubby.

                I think I was writing lectures when he sat to me and said, “You have pretty eyes.”

                I looked at him.