Chapter Seven- Forget Protocol

A/N

Hey! It's me, Kierra. :D So, exams just finished and I'm really glad. :D I'm so sorry for the delayed update, but hey, at least it's up. :D

I hope you like this chapter. And though I said I'll try making it less sad than the last one, I somehow didn't do much of that. Maybe on the next chapter? Well, anyways, I'm actually out of ideas and this is what I came up for now.

Oh, and I'm really grateful of the people who support this story. :) Since my mom doesn't want me to be writing for the rest of my life (Yeah, she doesn't.), Wattpad really helps me, You, of all people, who is reading this right now, helps me the most. :') Thanks so much. :)

Chapter Seven- Forget Protocol

                Camden Sun always confused me. Always. Now, more than he ever did. First off, I didn’t expect that he would run for me and act so concerned all of a sudden. People don’t just change like that. No one could change overnight like that. It’s practically impossible, no matter how I think about it.

                And… I guess I was right.

                The moment I turned around to face him, I realized how stupid I was, thinking he might have changed or something. I mean, yeah, right.

                “What the hell is wrong with you?” he asked me, still gripping my forearm.

                You see, what I hate about this is the fact that tears were in my eyes. I never, ever, liked people seeing my tears. They basically shout Weakness to everyone who sees them. And the last person I want to see me this way is, unfortunately enough, staring at me right now.

                “Look at yourself now. How disgusting.” He made a face, but somehow, I knew there was something else in his eyes. “Your hair’s a mess, you have a runny nose, those tears make you look more miserable than you normally do. I mean, like you have to look any uglier.”

                Immediately wiping my tears away, I pulled my arm from his grip. “Why do you suddenly care? Leave me alone.” I turned to walk away again.

                After a while, when I thought he would just turn away and stop bothering me, he suddenly told me something.

                “That’s right. That’s just right. Walk away.”

                I came to a halt. Rather violently, I turned around. “Well, let’s see. I’m walking away? Really? What about you? Weren’t you the one who walked away all so suddenly when we became—” I stopped myself in mid-sentence. I shook my head. “Whatever.”

                He was silent, so I decided to finally leave him.

                I wasn’t so sure, but I think I might have heard him say those words.

                I didn’t.

---

                “Uhh, Mom?”

                My Mom didn’t even bother to look up to see me. She didn’t even let me ask my question. She just answered, as if she knew that I would actually come to see her and ask her this question. She was always like this.