Prologue

(Author-nim pov.)

         Jungkook's neighborhood was quite calm, most of the time. Except the day the new neighbors moved in after the old man next door died of lung cancer. Jungkook really did not like the fact that his parents would always be that family that would try to make friends with all the neighbors.

         As Jungkook saw the neighbors unpack from his room, his mom came in asking if he could be friends with the neighbors son. "Kookie, I want you to be friends with the neighbors son, okay? He is only two years older than you, he is a little older than you by two years". Jungkook then looks away from his window to deny the statement. "Ani, I don't feel like it".

       Jungkook's mom then looks at him with a serious face, "Jungkook, you are going to be friends with him even if you like or not!", said his mom sternly as she stood up, "And if you don't then I'll ground you for five months, got that!", she finaly said as she left the room.

       "Mwo!", Jungkook yelled as he chased his after his mom. "Yah! Eomma!", he yelled after her. His mom completely ignored his call and started to put on her shoes. "You should put on your shoes Jungkook, you wouldn't want our neighbors to think any less of you", his mom stated happily as if there little argument didn't happen. "Eomma!", he yelled frustrated. "Kookie", Jungkook then felt a hand on his shoulder, "Please listen to your mom, please. She is only doing it for your own good, you need more friends".

        "Halmeoni~", Jungkook whines as he turns to face his grandma. "Please", his grandma says warmly. Jungkook finally gives in, "Fine". Jungkook only ever new the words 'halmeoni' and 'eomma'. The word 'appa' never crossed his mind. He new not to question his mom about his existence. When he asked his mom about him hi only ever heard four words, "There's no such thing". Jungkook was satisfied with this answer. When it came to things that did not exist to him, willingly failed to see it and ignored it's presence.

          Jungkook put his shoes on as his mom walked ahead of him; he waved to his grandma goodbye as he ran by his mothers side. Once they were on their neighbors porch, Jungkook's mother knocked on the door. After a few seconds a women appeared in front of them, "Omo!... I didn't expect visit on the first day". Jungkook's mom immediately introduced her self as she bowed, " Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jeon Ji-yeong your next door neighbor. This is my son, Jungkook". Jungkook immediately got the message and faked a small grin, "Annyeonghaseyo", Jungkook bowed. "Omo... you are so cute", she said as she pinched Jungkook's checks. Of course it irritated him, but he tried to ignore the sting for the sake of his summer. She then turned to Jungkook's mother and introduced her self, "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Kim Taeyeon, nice to meet you", she cheerfully said as she bowed, "Come in, come in". 

           As they entered the almost unpacked house, Ms. Kim motioned them to sit as she started to heat up water for tea. "Oh right, let me call my son so he can play with you", she said as she went upstairs. Taehyung was unpacking his things, placing his hair pins into his small mirror dresser. For a boy, Taehyung always enjoyed wearing hair pins. They gave him a sense of security, comfort. His mom never read to much into it since she accepted, and loved him for who he is. 

             As Taehyung heard foot steps coming towards his room, he stood up to open it assuming it was his mom. "Taetae~", his mother kindly said, "We have guests". She then held his hand as he guided him down the stairs. She then let go of his hand to let himself to introduce himself. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Kim Taehyung", he said as he made his signature rectangle smile. Taehyung's mom then hugged him in delight, "Don't you just love him". Taehyung's eyes immediately landed Jungkook after. Taehyung slightly blushed at the sight. Despite the fact that homosexual's were never accepted by society, it never bothered Taehyung. He openly expressed it and due to Korea's  ignorance, he was just viewed as a happy to go person, or 4D. 

             "Tae~", his mom said, "Why don't you go and play with Jungkook in the back yard?", she said as she moved him towards Jungkook's direction. Taehyung then held out his hand, "Wanna come?". Jungkook's not wanting to be rude, accepted the invitation, "'Kay". 

                As they both went to the back yard, they were greeted by two beautiful cherry trees and different veritys of orchids. "Wau!", Taehyung awed at the view, "So pretty!.... don't you agree?", he asked as pointed at the orchid that resemble a bird. "I gues-", Jungkook was interrupted by Taehyung, "Hold that thought". Taehyung then hurried to his room taking out a soft, fluffy, large blanket. He then returned to Jungkook's side and laid the blanket neatly on the green grass. "Come, sit", Taehyung said as he patted the spot in front of him. Jungkook then sat where Taehyung recommended. "So, how old are you?", Taehyung asked with a small smile. Jungkook was confused due to the fact that he already asked a question and he never was able to finish his answer. "Wow... okay. First of all, I find it rude that you asked me a question and interrupted me. Second of all, this place isn't all that cause I have two as well in my back yard", Jungkook said, "But I'm ten years old". Taehyung felt bad for being rude. His mom always told him to be polite, and he felt bad for disobeying his mother. "Joesonghabnida, please", Taehyung said as he pouted his reddish pink lips. Jungkook blushed at the sight, Mwo!... why am I blushing?, he thought to himself. "Aigoo, stop that you are so post to be the older one!".

        "Omo! How did you know?", Taehyung asked, "Are you a mind reader?". Jungkook then stared at the older one as if he was insane, "Are you serious?!", Jungkook yelled. Taehyung's eyes shined due to the liquid substance lingering in his eyes, "Mianhae~". Jungkook then felt bad for making the older teary eyed, "It's okay, my mom told me. And stop saying sorry for no reason... 'kay". Taehyung then wiped away his tears as he hugged the younger. Jungkook was surprised by the feeling he felt inside his heart. He felt warm, and safe in his embrace. He soon felt the older's heart beat fasten as he was basically cuddling with him. "Yah!", he yelled, "Get off me", he said as he struggled, eventually freeing himself from his grip. 

            Taehyung was now smiling as he was lying on the white blanket. Taehyung then turned to his side as he asked Jungkook, "Wanna be my friend?". Jungkook wondered as he sat there, trying to imagine himself with Taehyung. They both sat there in awe thinking of their feature with each other in it. So silent that they could hear the delicate cherry blossoms fall like dead leaves. Til the silence was broken by a simple word, "Sure".

---------------------------------------------------------------

sorry it took me long, fyi, slow updates up for sure i'll update once or twice a week

ily~

I tried my best, don't judge me! ;_;