"I'm sorry, sir."

Start from the beginning

"Y-you should go."

"Excuse me?"

"S-stay away from m-me."

"I won't hurt you, I promise. I only want to see if you're okay."

"No, sir, y-you don't understand. Th-they're going to hate you. Run while you can. Or maybe p-punish me. Th-that might m-make them l-less suspicious."

The Alpha frowns even more, this time with confusion. "Punish you? You haven't done anything wrong," he says softly, but Mitch doesn't answer. His eyes lay on another Alpha walking out of the store, and they immediately glow bright Omega blue. His father comes nearer, his upper lip curled back in disgust as he sees his son. He doesn't seem to notice the taller Alpha watching with confusion.

Mike shoves his bags in Mitch's arms, and Mitch hurries to hold them properly, flinching when one falls. His father snarls loudly, his eyes flashing red. "You idiot," he hisses, slapping Mitch across the face. Mitch feels his eyes brim with tears, but he hurriedly blinks them away and shakily bends to pick up the fallen bag. His father takes this as an opportunity to roughly shove Mitch to the ground, chuckling darkly when the rest of the bags tumble out of his arms. Mitch furiously wipes away a tear that managed to escape and picks all of the bags up, shakily standing and forcing himself to meet his father's eyes. "I'm sorry, sir," he says quietly, and he feels his eyes flicker to the Alpha behind his father, watching with horror. Mike notices and slaps Mitch again. "Keep eye contact, you worthless Omega," he snarls before turning to see the other Alpha.

He draws himself to his full height at the sight of the other Alpha, but still doesn't come close to his height. Disregarding this, Mike lets his eyes burn red. "Are you trying to flirt with my pathetic excuse for an Omega?" he growls, gesturing lazily behind him at Mitch, who is still furiously wiping away the tears falling from his cheeks. The Alpha frowns. "I was just asking if —"

"You don't want him. Trust me." Mitch's father interrupts the Alpha, glancing coldly back at his son. The Alpha frowns even more. "Why not?" he asks, and Mike raises an eyebrow. "You must be new here," he says, sizing the other Alpha up. "My son —" he turns to glare at Mitch once more "— happens to be the worst Omega in this town. I'd love for you to take the idiot, but as a kind Alpha, I want to help a brother out and warn you that if you do take him then you'll automatically become the worst Alpha in this town." The Alpha stares past Mike at the small Omega crying softly behind him.

"What if I already am?"

"What?"

The Alpha looks back at Mike. "What if I already am the worst Alpha?"

Mike lets his lip curl back in disgust once more. "Scott Hoying. I knew I'd seen you before. Well, listen up, buddy. I'm sure that you are probably at least a five out of twenty, judging by your looks and your muscles, but I can guarantee if you take Mitchell here than you will become a zero. You don't want him." With that, he turns, roughly grabs Mitch's arm, and yanks him away, leaving Scott to watch them helplessly.

+++

Mike throws Mitch inside the house, watching as all the bags tumble out of his arms once more and he scrambles to pick them up. He closes the door and goes into the kitchen, kicking Mitch in the stomach as he walks by, and crosses his arms to wait for Mitch.

A few seconds later, the Omega hurries in the room with the bags in his arms, his cheeks tear-stained but his eyes already blue. "Put the groceries away and then we'll decide what to do about your behavior today," Mike commands, and Mitch scrambles to obey, rushing to put everything in its proper cupboard. As soon as he's done, Mike grabs his arm again and pulls him out of the kitchen, heading for the Punishment Room.