~ Ten ~

I am lost. Bewildered by my actions that have consequently lost me everything: my friends, schoolmates, and my so-called respect. Belittled down by my own self. The darkness is a whirlwind of chaos and strife; and I created it.

Friendless. Cold-heartedness. Egocentric. Nothing. That's what my life consisted of nowadays. What else do I have to lose because of my skeptical and judgmental ego? My family? The town? The world? Everyone? Precisely. Yet I didn't think it was going to get any better, before it got worse. No, I am going to royally screw up before my luck even remotely looks up.

Jake apparently had feelings about me. Frankie didn't try to bite my head off when she was just trying to be my friend. Luna was trying to fix it, and I bit their heads off. Don't even get me started with Nico; he always barges his nose into everyone's business.

These are the thoughts plummeting through my mind as I listen to Ed Sheeran and drive down the road; with Majesty Height High School in the rearview mirror. I begin blinking my eyes in a failed effort to push tears back; I cry and breakdown in the car in front of my house. Oh, I totally lost. I'd start throwing things into the passenger and the backseat in anger. Pulling into my driveway, I begin screaming and hitting my dashboard; before getting out of the vehicle. As I sit in the front of my two-story house, my father strolls out of the garage and knocks on my window; and catches me off guard. To be honest, I was startled beyond belief. He starts waving him hands for me to roll the window down; and I oblige since I have already ruined relationships today - and to be frank, I didn't want to lose my father to my childish ways.

"Why are you even home, young lady? What happened? Did you do something? Is there something I should know? You know what - get out of the car - now!" Says my father sternly with a grimace as I wipe the leftover tears off my face.

"I'm having a terrible day and..."

"People in third world countries are having a terrible day - everyday! Nice try. Let's try this again."

"I am literally the laughing stalk of Majesty Heights. Luna and Frankie are no longer my friends. Teachers are asking me about it.  Then all the things with Jake that happened today and he made me cry several times. Told me that dating me would be a pity date and other things. I shouldn't be made fun of or break into tears. So yeah dad, today was not all unicorns and sunshine, but grey clouds and lightning storms. My life is hell. No chance of recovering from it. I said things that I cannot even fathom. So, what are you going to do to me? Ground me for coming home? Take my car because I didn't want to fight? Do what you must - but do not make me feel worse than I already feel."

"Jake de Beauchamp?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

"What did you say to him?"

"Doesn't it even matter at this point?"

"Humor me."

"Okay dad, whatever floats your boat. If you must know I told him that his ego was highly inflated and simply implied that he was stalking me and that he was obsessed with me; ever since he bought me Starbucks earlier. Then he thought that I said that he liked me and laughed in my face. Like I would ever like hi? Dad, this is weird. Talking to you about this stuff. Am I allowed to go in and get changed? Where's mom?"

Laughing my dad says, "Yes you can go and your mother is in the kitchen preparing lunch. Jake de Beauchamp is not worth your tears."

Laughing with tears slowly appearing I say, "Of course. I will not have my heartbroken at such a tender age. I am too young for this. Who needs friends? Later dad." Then I headed up the sidewalk and went into the house. "Mom? You in here?"

"Aimee? Is that you?"

"Hold the questions. Dad already interrogated me about everything. Troubles at school. Are you going to make cookies?" I asked as I plop my bag on the ground next to the spinney chair; and fold my arms on the granite countertops as I watch my mother in the kitchen.

"Should I be worried?"

"Frankie and Luna aren't my friends anymore."

"That'll pass. You're the triple threat."

"Mom. The school is making me the big, bad wolf. I said things. I love you, but it's not going to pass anytime soon. Sorry to break it to you."

"Here. Have some cookies. You'll feel slightly better after one of them."

"Will I though?" I say as my father comes up behind me and kisses me on the temple; which makes me scrunch my face with a smile. "Dad..."

"You'll always be my baby girl. No matter what. Oh, Marceline - most of her problems are because of Jake de Beauchamp."

"The Jake?"

"Yes." 

"He called me crazy. Then he like admitted his feelings and whatnot when I went over to his house during free period; and ruined everything. He bought me coffee and then he belittled me and then he left and so I took it upon myself to go to his house where his parents were; and then I had to go to his bedroom and then another fight happened."

Both of my parents were staring at me with their judgey eyes; with my mother tapping her fingers against the countertop. "You went to his house? His bedroom? He likes you?"

"I don't trust him. He has those eyes that you can't simply trust. And his feelings - most likely fake. Wait, so all you picked up on my rant is that he likes me and that I was in his room? Thanks mom and dad for always being there for me. Thanks for the cookies, but I think I am going to go upstairs and either take a nap or a shower or both. Who knows?"

Then they glance a grin at each other and see me running up the stairs as I flee from their sight.

What the hell is wrong with my parents? It's as if they are welcoming of the fact that Jake likes me; which is so not true.

Then I closed my tired eyelids and slowly drifted into a slumber; erasing the events of today - for tomorrow was a fresh start and a new beginning.