~ Two ~

Just like that we went our separate ways. Suddenly he was all I could think about and it freaked me out to the point of insignificant paranoia. The way his cocoa brown hair laid still as he strolled out to his car; and through his wallet into the passenger seat; and what is going on with me? It's like I like him or something?

Shaking the fear-provoking thought out of my mind; I run to my Nissan Versa which was a sea foam bluish-grey with slight hues of sage green running throughout it. Almost running over an elderly lady in the parking lot; I wave to her and mouth 'I am so undeniably sorry ma'am.' She just shrugged at me and mouthed, 'It's what it is now a days.'

Ten minutes later, I had finally collected myself and realized how stupid I was to think of any potential with Sir de Beauchamp. It was never going to happen. He was a jock. I was me; the nerd in Yearbook who could care less about Jake. I could never see myself with a guy like him. He is literally the reason I do not participate in the frivolous, bitter, and demeaning game.

Then I get a freakish thought swing into my mind like a boomerang out of hell about him. Wait, why am I even thinking this? He's not even....but I can't. His eyes though. They were the warmest shade of brown: as if gingerbread and mocha brown had a baby - it would be those dreamy and mysteriously dark eyes. Oh and the way he smiles makes you want to just giggle like a school girl; what is happening to me? The way he stares at me when I am talking about something. Stop this nonsense.

You will never date him. I will never date him. I don't want to date him. He is the guy that not only breaks your heart - but he'd do it twice. I can't like someone for being compassionate and paying for my coffee. We're from two different words. Him like me? That's quite humorous to be honest. What is going on with my mind today? He's like Jake de Beauchamp. For the love of god, shake those ridiculous thoughts out of your head now - because your head is getting a migraine from all these contemplation's.

After my little slip up of the silliest of silly thoughts was over and done with; I collect myself. Nothing could ruin this day even more at this point and the day had yet to really start. You don't like him. You could never like him. How could you be friends with him and then become more than friends? Because it isn't going to happen - that's why. I laugh and smile at the thought and that's when my friends start staring in my direction. Frankie and Luna smile and wave over to me and I just mouth, ' I'll talk to you both in fifth. Get to class. You both will get the details!' They then scurry into Mr. Thaddeus' class - a class that I'd have for sixth period.

Keep calm. Be as calm as a wave. Just because he is in this class - doesn't mean that you have to like him. Be as calm as - what the hell? What is happening? Fumes were raging from my ears. He was in a seat adjacent to me; and I was livid. Jake - the guy who ruined my life. Okay he gave me coffee - so I guess he didn't really ruin my life; but that is besides the point. No not Jake from State Farm; but the one that gave me coffee and asked me for help. The nerve,

Today literally couldn't get any worse. First he humiliates me in front of the charming barista and now he's heckling me. Grabbing my bag and pulling it forward; I lean into him and quickly murmur,"What are you doing? Are you stalking me? Am I like your new obsession? Did you force Marty to change seats with you after our little endeavor at Starbucks? Like stop! I said we'd meet in a public place to study - but you switching seats with Marty is ridiculous. Move back to your seat."

Chuckling he says,  "Me like you? You're quite funny.  I just bought you coffee. Amelia. This is my new seat as of like 15 minutes ago. Marty and Eddie couldn't sit next to each other any longer; and Ms. O'Malley had enough of the: petty disagreements, obsessive conversations, and too much flirtations." Then he puts his legs out from under the table and puts his arms behind his head.

"I never said that you liked me. You did. I just simply implied that you are stalking me and obsessing over me - because who knows. You and your inflated ego just need to stop."

He then pulls his legs in; back under the desk and "Inflated ego? You're the one that is obsessing over the idea of me? We are never going to be together. We're two different people from two different worlds. Different friends. Not in the same circle. Amelia - you and I - is never going to happen. Face it - your sadly in a very delusional world - to think that you have a chance to be with me. I would never date you - because it would be a pity date."

"No. I do not like you. I will not tutor you. You win. You're right. I hate you! Leave me alone. I wish I would've been late to school; and I wish that we never ever met. How could a girl like me be friends with a self-righteous, no good, jock like yourself? I wish you never talked to me. So you win. Okay. You win at this game you seem to think we're playing. Like are you happy now?" I weep as I run out of the classroom with borderline tears and head to bathrooms.

Did I finally come to the realization that we were just from two totally different worlds? That my true feelings had finally reared their ugly face? That I in fact do like him? That he is just like every jock? I just can't handle this right now. No - I don't like him. How could I like a guy after he said that? After he flipped my world upside down?

When we were children, there were no feelings. The friendship was easy. Say simple words like, 'Hello' or 'How are you?' or even, 'See you next time.' No I was never into him. Like he sort of fell of the face of this planet; until he came knocking at my door in a figurative sense. I felt no need to go out of the comfort of the restroom; or to justify my actions. I just sat in the stall waiting for class to be over; because for one thing:

Jake de Beauchamp was evil and from a completely different world than I.