8: Surprise

I should be over all the butterflies
But I'm into you (I'm into you)
And baby even on our worst nights
I'm into you (I'm into you)

Let 'em wonder how we got this far
'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah, after all this time I'm still into you.
---
Selena's POV

My hands were shaking as I applied the first coat of mascara to my eyelashes. I don't know why I was so nervous to spend the evening with Justin. We had spent so many evenings together before. Everything just felt so new and different between us and knowing he was trying to hard to win me back just made things even more special.

I was excited to see what he would look like, dapper for sure. He always dressed so well when we were going somewhere, which led me to wonder what my surprise was going to be. I always knew when Justin was planning a surprise it was always the best of the best.

I applied some bronzer, with a small amount of blusher to contrast and a some lip gloss. I studied myself in the mirror and tweaked a few things, such as blending my bronzer a tad more and applying a tad more mascara.

Once I was happy, I wondered over to my wadrobe, opening the doors and scanning the rows of dresses. I had a wardrobe for every item of clothing, jeans, t-shirts, going out tops, playsuits, jumpsuits, you get the idea. Perks of having a big house to yourself. My eyes landed on a red dress with a sweetheart neckline. I pulled the dress out and held it by it's hanger. Looking at it closer, I realised that it was one of the dresses I wore on mine and Justin's first date. It partly made me sad looking at this dress because I remember how certain and how happy I felt and now, I wondered if my mind even thought me and Justin would end like we did.

We moved too fast, lived together too quickly. Looking back, it was a disaster waiting to happen. As imperfect as we were, he was one of the best things to happen to me. Someone to understand this crazy life and to share it with you was irreplaceable.

Deciding against the red dress, I hung it back in my wardrobe. That dress was obviously bad luck. I decided for something much less bold, a long black bodycon dress which I would dress up with some sparkly heels. Just because I was recently given some and I've been dying to wear them. Sparkly was slowly becoming my thing.

I carefully got into my dress, trying hard to not mess up my make up since I had tried to hard. Make up had never really been my thing and I had to work really hard at it, this is why I was so grateful for stylists and make up artists because without them I would look horrendous the majority of the time.

I looked at the finished product in the mirror and I was proud of my efforts. I decided to match my shoes with a sparkly clutch, just to dress up my outfit. I was surprised I didn't look exhausted after last night.

The intercom began bleeping which made me aware that my hour was over

The intercom began bleeping which made me aware that my hour was over. Feeling a wave of relief, knowing that I was ready, I walked over to it and pressed it.
"Pick up for Miss Gomez." Justin's voice said in a more serious tone. I couldn't help but let a giggle leave my lips.
"I'll be right down." I said, first making sure my phone and my purse was in my bag before I made my way downstairs. As I approached the front door, I could already see Justin's silhouette waiting. I sucked in a deep breath before opening the door.