12th

Stevie

'Hello?' Stevie speaks into her phone. 'Steeeeviiieee!', Heras voice answers. 'Hera, is that you?', Stevie asks surprised. No answer. 'Hello? Hello!' Then the response comes. 'Hello Stevie.' The phone fell out of Stevie's hand. Ally. Ally Hills. Allison Don Hills. Stevie can't convince her body to pick tho phone up. She just can't. It's not possible. 'Stevie, I...uhm ... can you... can we... Oh fuck this! Please just come over Stevie!', Ally's voice said and Stevie couldn't believe what she heard. Ally's voice was shy and filled with regret. Regret for calling or for what happened to her and Stevie? Stevie is so lost in her thoughts that she does not notice how Ally calls her name curtain times and finally hangs up. Stevie shouldn't go, she knows that, but she also knows that she will go. She can't keep herself away from Ally anymore. As if in a trance Stevie walks into her bathroom to get ready. All the time she is just thinking about Ally. A memory hops over the wall Stevie built in her head. Half asleep. Closed eyes. A room smelling like roses and something else, it could be almond and some kind of wood, mixed with the smell of sunshine and rain. Cuddling into a warm body. Warm blankets and a loving arm. The shimmer of plenty candles through shut eyes. And whispered words flying through the room. Flying circles, calm and slow but also so free and full of energy. 'In a world of hatred and darkness, I found you. You are my sun, my love, my life. When I first met you, it was like everything fell into place. It was like I finally knew where I belong and I finally had something to live for. It all just made sense. Your smell reminds me of a carefree summer day, I am happy when you are by my side and I couldn't ask for something else. There's nothing to move, nothing to change, everything is just perfect. You are perfect. I believe in you, Stevie Boebi. More than I ever believed in something. You are my ikigai and we share a soul.' 'But why?', Stevie whispers while looking at herself in the mirror. This drop of water rolling down her cheek. Weird.