Third

Ally

The sound of her phone ringing brings Ally back to reality and she puts her guitar back with a sigh. As soon as she answers the phone an exited voice fills her ear. 'Ally, you NEED to come! We got HUGE news!' It's Helen Hills, who happens to be Ally's mother and also one of the few people Ally truly loves and trusts. 'What could that be?' Ally asked but she notices herself that she doesn't sound very enthusiastic. Helen hesitates because she notices too. 'What's wrong baby?', she asks, 'is it still...' She does not end the sentence but they both know what Helen means. 'Uhm no mum, I'm alright, don't worry. Just exhausted, you know. But tell me the big news!' Ally lies to her mum. Of course it's still that. Of course she is still not over it. Of course she doesn't seem to get out of that black hole she fell in. Ally feels how her eyes begin to burn and get wet but she fights to stay strong. It leads to absolutely nothing to cry every time she thinks about that.
'Oh noooo, Ally Hills! You need to came and visit us, your family, your true MVP!' They both laugh about that expression that Ally taught her mom a while back to 'keep her up to date'. Ally thinks about her mom with a warm feeling in her stomach and for the first time in a while a real smile lights up her beautiful face and let's her shine like the sun. Suddenly she feels the need to get up right now and join the warm and comfortable circle of her family. Where everyone accepts her like she is and no one wants to change anything about her. 'When mum?' She asks and this time she doesn't even have to fake her excitement. 'Tomorrow afternoon at 3pm. Bring a present, we got something to CELEBRAAATEEE!' She sings the last word and Ally hangs up with a little laugh. She finally has something to look forward to. I've been in my hole for too long, she decides and gets up to change her still a little wet clothes and buy a little something for tomorrow. Yes, she thinks, I'll get up on my feet again and don't let this upset me for the rest of my life. I deserve to be happy! I am worth it!