Chapter 8

*Kenzie's POV*

It had been a week since Felicity kissed me.

So far, we had done a pretty good job of avoiding each other but I'm not sure how much longer either of us could hold it up for. Last week she had skipped one English lesson to sit through an Ivy League college talk, and I simply didn't turn up to the other two. It's not like I want to flunk out on that class, I was thinking of her and how nervous she'd be if I was around.

However when Monday came round to show its face, once again, I received a not-so-nice email off Miss. Elliot claiming she was 'expecting' myself back in her class on Monday or there would be 'serious consequences'.

I slumped into last period with my grey hood pulled over my head, hands dug into my pockets. As soon as I walked into the familiar room, I noticed Felicity already sat in the seat towards the back left of the room. I was unable to move my eyes, even when her green eyes rose from the text book and met with mine. She instantly blushed and looked back down, her face burning red and her hands fumbling with the paper between her fingers. It was kind of cute.

I plucked up my courage and walked over, pulling my chair out and sitting down rather casually, trying not to draw attention to the elephant in the room, or the weird tension which was practically suffocating me.

Felicity did not move a muscle for the entire 50 minutes. Instead she sat with her locks of brown curls hiding her face, resting on her left arm so she was perfectly able to block my body out of her view. I guess it sickened her to look at me.

As the bell rang, Felicity moved so fast, it had left me confused when she was up and already out of her seat, quickly throwing her books into her plain grey rucksack and heading for the door. In that moment, it felt like my only chance.

I let out a heavy sigh, pushing my blonde hair behind my ears and running, too, out of the door and down the corridor in the direction of Felicity. I was pretty athletic, being on the track and swim team back in Texas so it took me little effort to catch up with her down on the math corridor which was probably the most empty at this time of day, the end because who really wanted to hang around school to do more maths.

"Felicity, wait up." I said, reaching to grab her wrist, turning her to face me. Once again, like in English, her face fell to the floor unable to make eye contact with me. She was also blushing again, with a worried look plastered on her face. I sighed heavily, for the second time in like five minutes. "We need to talk."

Felicity looked up at me, the worry still there as her bottom lip quivered. "I can't talk. I don't want to talk."

She wriggled her arm in my grasp, forcing me to drop her arm so I no longer had hold of her. I already missed that feeling. "Why not?"

"I'm not, I didn't, can we just leave it Mackenzie?" She stuttered, ending on practically a demand. I refused to back down though.

"You kissed me." I retorted the events of the other day, as a gentle reminder to her that this needed to be addressed.

"Will you keep your voice down?" She said, and this time it was her who gripped on to the hem of my grey jacket's sleeve. My eyes diverted to where her finger was barely touching my skin and I couldn't help but feel the rush at even this smallest of interactions. I was loosing it.

"Nobody is around." I stated, trying to reassure her. I could see her eyes darting down the corridor, in front and behind, testing if I were telling the truth. When she was satisfy we were alone, she turned back to me yet the worried look still took over her, so I thought I'd make a joke to lighten the mood. "If I were you, I'd totally kiss me too."