Chapter 7 : Finally...Together

Ariel's POV

I open my eyes to a bright light. When I have adjusted enough to the light, I see I'm in a white room, with pretty blue flowers on the walls. An IV is connected to one hand and the other hand, someone else's hand holds it firmly. And then- Woah! Woah, wait! Back up!
I see my hand is connected to another hand, definitely a guy's. Since its muscular and has a bit of hair on it. When I follow the contours of the muscular hand into the head, I find it resting beside my thigh. His face is towards the opposite side of where I'm so I can't see his face. But his hair seems familiar. Then I realise who it is. It's Alex, ofcourse! Who could miss his dark brown hair.
His hair looked so soft, I had the sudden urge to run my fingers through it. When I tried to get my hand out of his firm grasp, he mumbled something in his sleep before going back to sleep again.

I had a thing for a sleeping Alex. He always looked so breathtakingly innocent. I felt like never letting him go and just let him sleep in front of me forever.
As I'm thinking all this, the door opens and a man in a white coat comes in with a stethoscope around his neck. When he sees me, he smiles kindly and says, "I see you've woken up, Miss Carter. Your boyfriend here is very firm about his decisions. We told him to go home for the night but he seemed dead stubborn to stay with you here" and I stuttered as I tried to say that he wasn't my boyfriend...unfortunately. Then I asked the doctor, as he was checking up my vitals and heartbeat, "Umm....sir, may I ask why I'm in here?" He seemed surprised that I asked him that question. Then he said, "Miss Carter, you had a panic attack. And as far as I was informed, your boyfriend found you on your bed, as cold as a stone, shivering badly when he called 911" I quietly thanked him, as he went away noting my vitals on his notepad. When I turned towards Alex, he had woken up and was staring at me. I felt a blush rise up my neck into my cheeks. I smiled at him and said, "Alex, thank you for bringing me here in time..." he didn't reply so I glanced at him to see him staring at me with a very concentrated look. Then he said, "Ariel, don't thank me. I just need to know one thing. Why did you get a sudden panic attack. You were very well in the morning" I thought if I should tell him why what happened, did happen. But then I didn't know if he'd believe me or was it the right thing to do. I mean, I could bring a lot of risk to him and his mother too, who knew.

Then I heard him say, "And don't even try lying to me, Ariel. I got the note you were trying to hide yesterday morning and read it. Why we're tou so scared of it? And what's so scary that that note gave you a freaking panic attack!?" He said, his voice going up a notch. He then mumbled, "I was so scared. I thought I almost lost you..." And I couldn't help but feel he meant it in a different way, altogether. "Now, tell me, Ariel!" He said, looking at me again.
I peacefully said, "Alex, I promise to tell you everything once we're out of here, okay?" He looked conflicted but obliged anyway.

When the nurse came in after an hour later, she prescribed some medicines and asked me to stay calm and not be too hyper about anything. She said one thinking was a major issue for panic attacks. Then she smiled and said I could go home by evening as they wanted to observe my conditions for some more time.
Alex helped me into his car, then he ran towards the drivers side and sat in. He glanced at me and said, "Ariel, I didn't inform your aunt. I thought she'd have to come all the way here, when it wasn't anything major, as the doc said..." And I was thankful to him that he didn't. I didn't want to have to explain anything to my aunt. I simply smiled at him and nodded, telling him I understood.

When our street came, he didn't turn towards it. He went straight ahead. I looked towards him nervously. He chuckled and said, "Ariel, stop thinking so much. I'm taking you out for some dinner. Aren't you hungry?" Which was when I realized I didn't know how long I was out for. When I asked him, he said, "You were out for about one night. The doctor said it was better to let you sleep it off" and he started to park into a parking space. When I looked out, I noticed we were at an old diner. It's sign read 'Mummy's Kitchen' and the light on it flickered. It looked kinda creepy from the outside. But Alex grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me inside along with him. When we were inside, I was surprised to find it rather cozy. It was warm and the heavy, delicious smell of oregano wafted to my nostrils.