Chapter 41

Gabbie's p.o.v:

"How long until they arrive?" Edward asked worriedly.

Alice's face was blank, not her usual cheerful self. I frowned and looked at Sammie, she was clutching onto Cameron. I gave her a slight smile, hoping it would relax her. She didn't even say one word. Her face was, blank. I could tell by her eyes, she was terrified.

"Once the leaves begin to fall..." Alice whispered.

"So around a week and a half." Jasper predicted.

"We will have to be prepared...A fight is so gonna happen, I get to kick some vampire ass!" Emmett boomed.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes, Only Emmett. I looked at Edward and he had his jaw locked. I was still on Seth's lap. He was passed out. I was warm enough, actually sweating, so I walked over to Edward and crawled into his lap.

He grabbed a blanket and wrapped me in it, I placed my hand on his cheek. He leaned in with his eyes closed, taking in a deep breath.

"Why are they coming?" I asked, still looking at Edward.

"They heard Sammie turned into a full vampire..They hoped that you were turned too." Alice sighed.

"So they don't know about Cameron." I concluded.

"I guess not...I am not too sure." Alice said hesitantly.

I looked at Sammie and gave an idea,

"Well...Sammie can run with Cameron."

Jasper shook his head,

"No, Felix can track her down...Plus, they are coming so they can see her. If she's gone, they are going to grow suspicious."

I sighed and shook my head, trying to think of an idea.

"Gabbie...why don't you run with Cameron?" Sammie asked.

My eyes went wide as everyone laid their eyes on me.

"That's a good idea Sammie..Plus, if you have your shield. They won't be able to hunt you down." Edward joined in the conversation.

"But..." I trailed off.

Edward looked at me with pain in his eyes, he didn't want me to get hurt.

I nodded and whispered,

"I'll do it."

He smiled slightly and pulled me into a hug, kissing the top of my head. If he gets hurt, I will kill every one of those sick people, they call themselves kings.