Chapter 30

Edward's p.o.v:

We were on our way home and I started to hear Gabbie snoring lightly. A faint smile fell upon my face. I looked down and her hair was all over her face, sleeping peacefully. I took my hand and gently tucked her hair behind her ear, kissing her forehead.

She smiled slightly, cuddling into me more. I wrapped my arms around her and brought her towards my chest. The car finally stopped, I scooped up Gabbie gently and walked to the house, laying her on the couch.

"Hey, I really got to hunt....Esme tell Gabbie I went hunting if she wakes up" I say in a rush, not wanting to take any risks. She nodded and smiled smugly, and I bolted out the glass doors into the dark woods.

**Gabbie's p.o.v**

I felt Edward's cool soft lips on my forehead, making me smile. I leaned in to his touch more. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt him pick me up and take me inside the house. He laid me on the couch, then I heard him leave.

I fell back asleep, dreaming about Edward and me. I smiled then Aubrey popped into my head, then Landon. I completely forgot about them!! There has to be something going on there...and I got to get to the bottom of it.

I decided it was time to 'wake up' I opened my eyes, smiling slightly. I sat up and looked at Momma, I stood up and stretched.

"Hey Momma do you mind if I head to Aubrey's for a little bit?" I asked, trying to convince her.

She smiled brightly and nodded,

"Sure, but make sure you be home before dinner"

I smiled and jogged to the door, slipping on my coat and walking out the door, the cold wind biting at my cheeks. I smiled and started to run towards Landon's house....

I looked out in front of the trees and saw Landon's house. I smirked and started to walk towards the house. I hid behind the tree, peeking my head out so I can see him. That's when he walked out the door. I gasped and I swear he saw me!

"Crap" I mutter and grab onto the tree branches, hiding myself into the tree. I heard footsteps come closer to me. I made sure I was quiet. That's when Landon was at the bottom of the tree. My eyes went wide and he looked up instantly and saw me.

I screamed and fell out of the tree, landing flat on my back.

"Ow!" I mutter, rubbing the bruise on my elbow. I looked up and saw a smirking Landon.