Chapter 20- Love Me Back To Life

Începe de la început

Everything was a beautiful mess.

It was three days after Joel's first chemotherapy, three days after Dr. Chris and Zayn met, and three days since Niall had asked Liam out on a date. Joel wasn't the same happy giggling boy anymore, he was pale, always tired and constantly vomit if he ate a tad too much. He still tried to play with Niall and Liam, but his small body was running out of energy, and it was only one chemotherapy session. Liam nearly cried as he buried his face in Niall's hair, mumbling how he wish he could take the pain away, and carve a forever shining smiling smile on Joel's face. Niall didn't bother hiding the tears, he cried into Liam's shirt whenever Joel passed out after having one of his dry heaving session or puking his lunch. He couldn't physically feel Joel's pain, but emotionally, he knew exactly how Joel felt. The tired smile the never reach his eyes, and the excitement laced with tiredness whenever Niall brought him a new toy. Joel has another chemotherapy session in three days; the thought of Joel going through the same painful process makes Liam want to kill someone, but he knew that he'll have Niall beside him. And that is more than enough. Joel didn't understand though; all he knows that there is something wrong with his tummy and the doctors, nurses, Mummy, Li-li and Neil are here to help his tummy. But he can't stand the pain though,.....Why would Li-li let them hurt him like this? Why didn't he make them stop when he told him to? Why did Li-li always cry when they're cuddle up together in his bed at night? He did try his best to make Li-li smile, because to him Li-li's smile is the best, bright and sunny. But he's constantly hurting and tired, making it hard for him to play with Li-li and Neil.

Liam was more than surprise when Niall asked him out on a date. Their first official date, and Niall was the one that made the first move. In the midst of everything that is happening around him, Niall was the only that was right, beautiful and keeping him sane. He couldn't help but to smile whenever the small blonde boy was around him; it didn't matter whether Niall was playing with Joel, biting on his pencil while concentrating on his homework, eating his food like a small child or sitting on his lap rambling about his history class until he fell asleep, soft snores leaving his small mouth. The last one, Niall sleeping on his lap, was his favorite though, he would take the opportunity to examine his boyfriend carefully, counting the freckles on his pale translucent soft skin, carding his finger through the soft strawberry-scented blonde hair, placing small kisses on his eyelids, nose, temple and lips. Liam treasure those intimate moment. He would never thought Niall Malik would end up as his boyfriend, and he never though that someone so beautiful could be his. It was a shame that they had to hide their relationship from the world, because he would love to scream on top of his lungs that the boy is his, no one else. The time will come eventually,....after everything has calmed down, they will come out of the closet. But he was really looking forward to his first date with Niall.

It was maybe a spur of the moment thing when Niall asked Liam out on a date at that time. He was really craving to have a real actual date with his first boyfriend, his Tattooed Angel. He also wanted to make Liam happy at that time, because Joel had just went through his first chemotherapy, and it broke his lover's heart at the pain his little brother is going through. Niall thought about Zayn at that moment; if Zayn was in pain, Niall would be in one too. He totally understands how it feels when your brother is in pain and you're too weak to do anything. He didn't have anything plan on his date yet, but he's been Google-ing a few date ideas on the internet, and even took the liberty of buying the latest issue of Seventeen magazine where they featured an issue on an ideal date, including some tips if you're doing a budget-date. Money wasn't a problem for him, clearly, but he didn't want to do some fancy, expensive date because he knew that Liam would hate it. He imagined a really cute date, with lots of kisses and cuddles,...and food. Yeah, that would the perfect definition of perfect. He had zero idea on gay dates though, because all the things he read was on straight couples' date. They really stress on the different roles and responsibilities of the guy and the girl. But what about same-sex couple? What about their roles? Is it the same? Or different? These bombards of questions makes his head spin, but Niall secretly love challenges. Its like a game of him winning Liam's smile and kisses. He was tempted to ask Zayn, or his Mum, but he didn't want to risk exposing their relationship. But he does want to do a date that will blow Liam away, off his feet.