071 - REAL LIFE

Chris had decided to take Lorelai out on a date. It was special night for them since it was their one year anniversary. Iris was with Scarlett since she had volunteered to watch her. Lorelai was a bit hesitant about leaving her since she was only a month old.

"She's okay, Lor." Chris reassured her as his eyes remained on the road before he placed his hand upon hers.

"I know. Just makes my anxiety kinda start up at the thought of leaving her." She looked over at him with a gentle smile.

"Scarlett's got her." He responded as he brought her hand to his lips, kissing it in a comforting way.

"You always know how to make me feel okay." She looked over at him in an admiring and loving way.

"It's what I do." He rubbed her hand with the pad of his thumb.

The two arrived at Lorelai's favorite place to eat- Olive Garden. Of course, she loved Italian, and Chris knew that. He even came around and opened the door for her.

"After you, mi'lady." He impersonated an accent, making Lorelai laugh before kissing his cheek.

"Thank you, kind sir." She shot him a wink as she stepped out of the car, smoothing down her dress to keep it from riding up.

-

The two sat across from each other in the restaurant, Lorelai's napkin placed upon her now empty plate. Chris was watching her ever-so-closely in a loving manner. She seemed to catch on as he cheeks began to heat, his grin growing.

"You're so beautiful." He commented.

"And you're so handsome." She grinned as him as she placed her hands within her lap carefully. They sat there fore several moments in pure silence before he pushed his chair backwards, standing up.

He fumbled with a hidden velvet box in his box as he kneeled beside the table, right by her. He swallowed the lump within his throat that was forming, letting out a shaky breath.

"I don't even know how to begin. Words can't form how much you mean to me. You did make my dream come true. You gave me a family. We started a family. You, Iris and I, you're my family. I couldn't be anymore thankful than I am now to have you. To have such a beautiful, talented woman to call mine. You are the best thing to happen to me. I'm glad we started those damn pranks on each other, and that you joined us. Because if you wouldn't have, I wouldn't be as happy as I am now. I love you so much. So, so very much. Lorelai Elle Hart, will you marry me?"

By the end of the speech, Lorelai was in tears. Her hand was over her mouth as she watched him, his eyes filling with tears as well. She began to nod quickly after a second. "Yes. God, hell yes."

He grinned before slipping the ring onto her finger. She stood up from her seat, grabbing his face before pressing their lips together.

And in that moment, she realized that she was complete.