Chapter 8

Hannah's POV

      After the Irene and Luna's parents left the room we turned to look at each other. The two girls looked sad as their parents left the room, but grinned ear to ear. I couldn't stand being away from them any longer and I quickly scooped my daughters into a tight hug. My daughters... I will never get used to saying that, and tears of joy were running down my face.

 "Hannah, your going to suffocate them!" Lewis smiled. Luna wiggled her hand out of my grip and reached it out for Lewis to take. Lewis grabbed her  hand, and Luna pulled him towards us and added him to our hug.

  "I can't believe it," Lewis whispered.

  "Can't believe what?" Irene asked with a worried look.

  "I said that out loud?" Lewis said. Irene and Luna nodded. "I can't believe that we found you, and that you like us."

  "Why wouldn't we like you? You are our parents, and you are basically exact copies of us!" Luna giggled and Irene joined in.

  "So, what are we going to do now?" Lewis asked worried.

  "Whatever it is, I am NOT leaving my real parents. I don't even know them that well!" Irene said firmly. Luna nodded with her.

  "Well, would you like to stay with us for a while?" I asked them.

  "YesYesYesYesYesYesYes!" Irene shouted. Luna looked like she was going to throw up.

  "Are you okay?" I asked her helping her sit down.

  "Well, it's just that, It didn't say in the article but I don't live in England, I just came to visit Irene. So, my "home" is America. I really want to stay here near my biological parents and sister, but my adoptive parents will want me to go back to America," Luna sobbed. All three of our faces fell as Luna cried into my shoulder. I could feel Luna's heart race and her breath shorten, and she began to shake.

  "I think she's having a panic attack," Irene said. I had no idea what to do and neither did Irene, but Lewis sat down on the floor and pulled Luna into his lap.

  "Shhhh," he whispered wrapping his arms around her. He rocked Luna back and forth whispering reassuring words to her every now and then until she fell asleep.

  "Why don't we talk to you and Luna's parents and arrange something so you can stay with us for a little while?" I ask Irene.

  "Thank you so much!" Irene squealed.

  "Why are you thanking us?" I asked.

  "Because you admitted you were our parents and I'm happy that you actually want us in your lives!"

  "Well, you are our twins," I smiled. Irene smiled back and hugged me. "You get your hugging from me!" I laughed.

  "Of course!"

  "Okay, so why don't you and Luna wait in the waiting room while we talk to your parents."

  "Okay!" Irene and I went into the waiting room, Lewis following us carrying a sleeping Luna. Lewis set Luna on a couch and Irene sat next to her. Then we approached the girls former guardians.

  "Can we talk to you in the other room?" I asked them They nodded and followed us. "Okay, Lewis and I were wondering if it is okay if the girls stay with us for a while. So they can get to know us."

  "I don't know, how do I know you aren't going to hurt Irene?" Irene's "mother" asked.

  "Do all the background checks you want, we are safe, and we would never do anything to hurt them."