Chapter 7

~~Lewis's POV~~

I patiently twiddled my thumbs in the waiting room and occasionally glimpsed towards the two girls. They kept on smiling at each other and looking at us and giggling. Their 'not-very-real' parents sent strange signals towards Hannah and I. I looked to her and smiled, and she smiled back. Both smiles were forced. We were damn terrified. I though back to the entire day we'd had.

"Morning." I smiled, as Hannah walked into the kitchen.

"Morning," She replied, kissing me quickly, "Do we have any milk?"

"No, sorry, but I made you a cuppa tea."  I looked over to the warm tea, which was in her owl mug. "It's in your favourite mu-u-ug." I teased. She smiled and walked over to the mug, sipping it contently.

"Could you go to the store, please?" Hannah asked in between sips. "I like milk."

I laughed and nodded, "Of course." I replied with a smile. "You go to the office, and I'll meet you there in a short while."

She agreed and we got ready for the day, before going our seperate ways. I walked to the store and saw two girls giggling over the newspaper. Once they left, I looked at the paper.

TWINS REUNITED - BUT WHOSE ARE THEY?

Two girls who met on the internet have reunited and told they were adopted. The exceptional bit about it, is the fact that one of them is American. Luna Watson and Irene Cocking were told by their adoptive parents, Stephanie & Dave and MacKenzie & John, that they had been adopted from a care home, but neither couples told their child if it was in England or America. The two girls are now on the search for their real parents, their biological ones. Luna says, 'It's going to be difficult growing up without a place to call 'home'. We just want to know our parents.' If you know anything about the two, please contact us at 02744 984275, e-mail us at DailyTelegraphBristol@news.co.uk, or find the two at 83 Messington Way.

The kids seemed familiar. I thought for a while, still holding the newspaper in my hands. Then it hit me. Luna and Irene.

I bought the milk, not wanting to break a promise, before buying the newspaper and rushed over to the office, not bothering to drop the milk off at home.

"Hannah," I said, interrupting her recording.

"What is it?" She asked. She seemed, and looked, annoyed at me for interrupting. "I have to cut this now."

"Sorry, but it's important." I sighed, slowly walking further into her office and dropping the newspaper on her desk. "Do the names trigger you?"

Hannah skim-read it, her eyes getting larger, and then shrinking again every now and again. She placed it back down on the table afterwards. "Is that...?" She asked seriously.

"Yeah, if I'm correct." I almost admitted, it was that much of a shock to her.

"Well." She said simply.

We let silence take it's toll, before I whispered, "Finish your recording," and left.

I stayed in the kitchen, waiting for her, and when she came in after me a mere few minutes later, I asked her with my expression, 'You finished?'

She nodded, understanding. "I want to find these kids and see if they're ours. I want to see them again."

I smiled and looked down at her hand, which held the article. "Should we find them?"