Chapter 5

~~Irene's POV~~

"We should post an advert in the newspaper or something." I suggested.

"What? Are you crazy?" Luna asked, stiffling a laugh.

"Hey, don't laugh. If we were adopted, then we might have parents in Bristol." I continued as I took a sip of my water. "Bluergh," I said, "I need Irn Bru."

"Irn Bru?" She asked.

My eyes widened. "You don't have Irn Bru, do you?"

She shook her head, a confused expression on her face.

"I will be. Right. Back." I said slowly, before springing off my bed and sprinting downstairs. Our guardians were still talking normally, and gave me a funny look as I rushed in and took a 2L bottle of a bright orange liquid out of the fridge, before going to the biscuit barrel and grabbing a handful of Jaffas. I ran back upstairs and let the snacks collapse out of my arms.

"What on earth is this stuff?" Luna asked as she picked up the bottle.

"It's Irn Bru. It's amazing. Trust me." I smiled, before rummaging around in my cupboard for some straws. "I usually just drink it out the bottle, but I have straws."

"Straws?" She asked. "Like, how will they fit in the bottle?"

"Don't question me." I smirked, before pulling out a couple of metre long straws.

"Woah!" She giggled. "I haven't seen straws like them in ages!"

I chuckled and gave one to her, before eating a Jaffa (And skipping the crescent phase). "Take one." I offered with a mouthful of orange-cakey-chocolate.

Luna's eyes lit up and she grabbed a Jaffa, before hesistating as she put it up to her mouth.

"Sup?" I asked, after swallowing my food.

"I don't want to ruin my dream." She said seriously.

"Your dream?"

"I dreamt that Jaffa Cakes would be amazing, but what if they aren't?" She enquired.

I smiled. "Aha. Haha. Ha. Oh, hahaha. Very funny." I said sarcastically, before almost shouting, "Just eat it, they're so amazing!"

Taken aback by my comical remark, she slowly nibbled on the end of a Jaffa. "Oh my..." She said, before eating more, and more, and more, until she'd eaten about six Jaffas (And this is the time to note how filling Jaffa cakes are. Six is an achievement.)

"You like?" I asked with giggling seeping into my voice.

"Yes, I like." She replied with wide eyes and a huge grin.

"Try some of this." I suggested, pushing the Irn Bru in her direction. She unscrewed the top, popped her straw in (Like the vampire alien from Doctor Who ((Smith and Jones)) I'm not weird I swear), and slurped up a bit. Maybe a bit more than that. Maybe about a third of the bottle. "Dude!" I said, blocking her straw, "Save some for me!"

"Sorry." She smiled, regaining her breath after drinking so much non-stop. "It's just amazing."

"I know, right?" I giggled in reply. We spent an hour or so eating and drinking, until we were extremely hyper on Irn Bru. "What we need to do," I said quickly, "Is, we need to run to the newspaper agency, and tell them to advertise us! We'll be famous!"

"Ohmigosh what a good idea." Luna replied, also extremely quickly. "But I'm sure I've heard it before."

"Nah, totes not." I shrugged, before standing up and putting a hoodie on. "And remember," I started, before forgetting what I was saying.